sweet thanks, just bought one on ebay
    Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
    http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

Not worth it imo...

Quote:
      Originally Posted by justinfox
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

one my friends said it can make the LCD image less bright misrepresenting the picture... I'm only an amateur so am happy to put up with it to protect the screen from scratching.... can always take it off if I dont like it

EVO IX FOR SALE:

Comment

Very happy chappy

My first DLSR

EVO IX FOR SALE:

Comment

Nice one, 40D is an awesome camera to get first.. It will keep you happy for a few years as well..

Quote:
            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

hey funkyR congrats on your DSLR purchase
              40d is definately a great camera and thers a heap to learn - but its very satisfying to get that winning shot.

one thing that bothered me about the kenko filters is that the lens cap dint sit flush like it did with the hoya ones.. only a small issue but drove me insane lol

ive got a 17-40mm lens and yea it does lack that reach which sometimes you need but its a great lens for landscape & scenery shooting - its not as wide as id like it but its a good lens and good value for money in terms of quality - i got a kenko pro1 polarising filter and makes a huge diff in photos - i will try to post some on the weekend

out of curiosity how much did all your gear cost and where did you get it?

prices went up like 10-20% in the last 2 weeks =(

Comment

Originally posted by 1900-hustler View Post
                hey funkyR congrats on your DSLR purchase
                40d is definately a great camera and thers a heap to learn - but its very satisfying to get that winning shot.

one thing that bothered me about the kenko filters is that the lens cap dint sit flush like it did with the hoya ones.. only a small issue but drove me insane lol

ive got a 17-40mm lens and yea it does lack that reach which sometimes you need but its a great lens for landscape & scenery shooting - its not as wide as id like it but its a good lens and good value for money in terms of quality - i got a kenko pro1 polarising filter and makes a huge diff in photos - i will try to post some on the weekend

out of curiosity how much did all your gear cost and where did you get it?

prices went up like 10-20% in the last 2 weeks =(

Got it from Japan, paid with my Jp bank account so I'm half immune to the currency fluctations....

EVO IX FOR SALE:

Comment

i know i might be late in the thread but what type of camera and lense is suitable for a beginner?
                  E K - O n e - T w o - ..... - F o u r

Comment

Originally posted by jokerrichie View Post
                    i know i might be late in the thread but what type of camera and lense is suitable for a beginner?
                    Usually an entry level DSLR from canon or nikon and the twin kit lens combo.

Quote:

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                      Usually an entry level DSLR from canon or nikon and the twin kit lens combo.
                      oh ok
                      thanks DC2R

I was just looking at a canon EOS 450D, is that a suitable camera?
                      and it also comes with a 18-55 and 55-200mm lenses.
                      can someone explain what that means and how it works please?

Comment

Originally posted by jokerrichie View Post
                        oh ok
                        thanks DC2R

I was just looking at a canon EOS 450D, is that a suitable camera?
                        and it also comes with a 18-55 and 55-200mm lenses.
                        can someone explain what that means and how it works please?
                        Yep, the 450D is a good suitable camera for a beginner.
                        What do you want to know exactly? The difference in the lenses?

Basically those 2 lenses cover different focal ranges. The 18-55 lens you would say for taking shots of cars or things close by, could also use it for landscape shots of say the beach or the city or something.

The 55-200 lens would be used for taking photos of things further away, thus the 200mm length.

Quote:

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                          Yep, the 450D is a good suitable camera for a beginner.
                          What do you want to know exactly? The difference in the lenses?

Basically those 2 lenses cover different focal ranges. The 18-55 lens you would say for taking shots of cars or things close by, could also use it for landscape shots of say the beach or the city or something.

The 55-200 lens would be used for taking photos of things further away, thus the 200mm length.
                          Mate, you are the best.
                          Thanks heaps, think i will purchase my first ever camera soon, lol
                          i will for sure stay in this thread to learn more as it goes.
                          much appreciated, cheers DC2R.

Comment

i added u on msn richie

Comment

Nikon FFTTWWWWW

Comment

Originally posted by DvS- View Post
                                i added u on msn richie
                                LOL
                                All good, i got ya!
                                hahahah