No announcement yet.

The Official Photography Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For best results you need a printer and monitor calibrator. I'm sure there are some available for free to download.

Anyway, 5D MkII? Bleagh! Welcome the Hasselblad Xpan II, the most recent addition to my camera collection.

And some post processed pics to set the mood of things to come

Justin Oh Wedding Photography

TYP 88 R

Comment

Ive got the eye1 version 2 I think its called, ill check it out again and let you know.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by justinfox
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

finally... i've got a buyer for my nikon d80... hopefully i havent spoken soon and doesn't fall through.

i'm going to be in the market next year sometime looking for something in the canon family. so any suggestions on what to pick up would be good with a 2k budget.

i was thinking canon 40D with all the usual accessories, flash, 50mm f1.4 or f1.8 and another prime lens but not sure

is there a big difference between the f1.4 and f1.8?

Comment

the 50d will be out by then.
          sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by wu` View Post
            finally... i've got a buyer for my nikon d80... hopefully i havent spoken soon and doesn't fall through.

i'm going to be in the market next year sometime looking for something in the canon family. so any suggestions on what to pick up would be good with a 2k budget.

i was thinking canon 40D with all the usual accessories, flash, 50mm f1.4 or f1.8 and another prime lens but not sure

is there a big difference between the f1.4 and f1.8?
            40d is a good choice - im rocking one atm too lol
            im probably an expert as such but considering you have a budget of 2k the 40d will fit nicely and leave you some money to pick up a lens or two.

there are a few differences the 1.4 and 1.8. im guessing itll be mainly for portraits etc. in really low light shooting the 1.4 will come out on top always. it still 'hunts' in AF but considerably less than the 1.8.

Build wise it is better (but still plastic) compared to the 1.8 - i had a whirl with it on my uncles camera and pics are quite sharp (not L quality) but when i found out how much it was.. wtf.. so cheap lol
            dont think you can go wrong with either, but if you got the extra cash id get the 1.4

maybe partner with 85mm 1.8 prime?

Originally posted by Didz View Post
            the 50d will be out by then.
            50D is already available online

Comment

thanks 1900-hustler

oh your on here and ozhonda haha

Comment

no probs man
                happy to pass on my (limited) knowledge to others =)

Comment

im tossing up between the d90 nikon and the 450d. the price difference is quiet abit...previously used the d200 a few times and it was quiet good for a first time dslr user. so what do you guys recommend? video capabilities in the d90 isnt a major factor for me.
                  19,000 rpm still going

Comment

Camera DSLR and lens opinions

I'm going to be buying a DSLR and am looking at a Canon (sorry Nikon fans). I have a canon happy snapper and want to use the same software on my computer. Otherwise the D90 would be my choice, but I'm sticking with Canon.

I'm looking to take pics of people and cars. Not all that much into scenery but would take the occasional shot.

So one issue is that I want the new digic 4 processor and video capability and that comes on the 50D and not the 450D. The 450D is a more agreeable price though. Ideally the 500D would be great (when it comes out) but I need to buy ideally this month (Nov) or Dec at the latest.

Lens wise I dont want to spend too much. The 70-200mm L IS f2.8 would be fantastic but it's waaaay more than I want to spend (and better than what I deserve).

The 18-200mm IS f3.5-5.6 standard lens seems ok-ish, but maybe something better like the 70-200mm L IS 4f? It's still expensive but an inbetween - it's on the higher end of my budget. I would still need to buy a lens <70mm too.

Any lens suggestions? I've heard Tamron and Sigma make some good lenses that are generally cheaper.
                    Last edited by FunkyR; 04-11-08, 09:24 AM.
                    Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
                    http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyR View Post

So one issue is that I want the new digic 3 processor and video capability and that comes on the 50D and not the 450D. The 450D is a more agreeable price though. Ideally the 500D would be great (when it comes out) but I need to buy ideally this month (Nov) or Dec at the latest.
                      Im abit confused - you begin with comparing the 50d and 450d, but then you mention a 500d - if your still talkin about the 50d then it has already been released!

The 50D comes with the new Digic 4 processor but does not have video capability (the digic 4 processor is capable of taking videos but even if done so itll be silent as there is no mic or external ports for a mic)

Perhaps you are being mistaken with the 5D MkII - which is yet to be released and is due out in late Nov / early Dec - that has video capability but will cost about 3k for body alone ..

check out these guys - i buy my canon gear thru them
                      they are very good, cheapest around and come with australian warranty!
                      also pick up is available in Bondi Junction if your located in Syd.

http://www.digidirect.com.au/slr_cam...tal_slr_camera

Originally posted by FunkyR View Post
                      Lens wise I dont want to spend too much. The 70-200mm L IS f2.8 would be fantastic but it's waaaay more than I want to spend (and better than what I deserve).

The 18-200mm IS f3.5-5.6 standard lens seems ok-ish, but maybe something better like the 70-200mm L IS 4f? It's still expensive but an inbetween - it's on the higher end of my budget. I would still need to buy a lens <70mm too.

Any lens suggestions? I've heard Tamron and Sigma make some good lenses that are generally cheaper.
                      What is too much?

When it comes to lenses you want to only pay it once - if your lookin to upgrade into a full frame body later on (such as 5D or 1D) then best stick to EF lenses as they are compatible with canon dslrs - 450d, 40d, 50d, 5d, 1d
                      but if you dont have any plans to do so EF-S lens will be fine

You mention the 70-200mm f/4L IS - that is a brilliant lens - much lighter than the 2.8 and jus as capable in well lit situations (such as outdoors) - in lower light it may struggle compared to the 2.8, the IS will help out alot but will reduce the sharpness of the images.

If you want a good all round lens look into the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS - great walk around lens and has a wide zoom range - not quite up to 200mm but unless your lookin to shoot sports, wildlife etc then the 105 is more than enough for cars and people. Price on the website i gave you will come just under $1400 (lens, hood, case, 12 month warranty + standard Hoya 77mm lens filter)

Coupled with the 50d your lookin at about $3,000.
                      With a 450d itll be around $2,1000

IMO go 50d - better functionality & ease of use.

If only i knew that before i got my 40D LOL!

Comment

if your comparing those 2 in particular, and cost is not a big factor then d90 easily the better camera - have you looked into the 50d or even the 40d. if video capability isnt a major factor then opt for 40d.

40d>450d easily - its slightly bigger and heavier but balances out when you startin using the EF lenses. Much easier to use than 450d imo.

Comment

Yeah comparing the 450d and 50d (which is quite a bit different in price). I was saying that the 50d with video and digic 4 is good, I'm sure the to be released 500d will have both (seeing that the d90 has both).

Didnt realise there's no ext mic on the 50d.

Is there any difference in image quality of the 24-105mm and 70-200mm f4 L lenses you mentioned?

EVO IX FOR SALE:

Comment

Would the 24-105mm IS f/4 L be good enough for some fairly close up shots of people/kids/babies?

EVO IX FOR SALE:

Comment

Dont kn much about camera's....but my friend was using a 50mm lens for nice close up shots.......

50mm.....is that enough info????
                              Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

fark, 450d and 50d DONT record movies.... Nikon d90 does

wont be long b4 canon get's movie recording on their cameras but I prob need to buy b4 the end of the year

anyone know if the d90 can record audio on the movies?

EVO IX FOR SALE:

Comment

Working...
                                X