• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Thanh, i'll talk to ya on MSN about it
    Justin Oh Wedding Photography

TYP 88 R

Comment

oh so that's what you msg'd me about a while ago. sorry i wasn't home when you sent the message LOL

anyway I'm in no position to buy anything atm.. ordering a 70-200 f2.8 IS
      T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

LOL that's alright, i'm usually on at odd hours too

Nicee, i'll be ordering a 70-200 F2.8 IS in the next few days too! You ordering from BH Photo or somewhere else?

TYP 88 R

Comment

yeah i'm ordering from b&h. made a big purchase from them before so there shouldn't be any dramas with this order.

it's pretty good with the current exchange rate, and the instant $125USD rebate on it too, bringing it down to around 1700 ex. GST. even with GST, it's still cheaper than the base prices for the units on ebay, then theres postage and GST on those too!

there's adorama too which has it at the same price, ships to australia at the same rate, and is reliable and reputable.
          T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Yeap, i've been looking at getting the 70-200 from B&H for awhile now and the current instant rebates just sealed the deal for me I'm getting some other stuff too like Firewire card readers, a 580EXII and 10 rolls of Velvia film.

I'm guessing you're getting it shipped via USPS to avoid getting taxed?

TYP 88 R

Comment

70-200 2.8 IS FTW!!!! Been using one for a couple of years, probably one of the sharpest lenses I have come across.. 135 f/2 is also awesome =)

Quote:
              Originally Posted by justinfox
              You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by De_Cruelz View Post
                Yeap, i've been looking at getting the 70-200 from B&H for awhile now and the current instant rebates just sealed the deal for me I'm getting some other stuff too like Firewire card readers, a 580EXII and 10 rolls of Velvia film.

I'm guessing you're getting it shipped via USPS to avoid getting taxed?
                from what i can see, they offer
                - UPS worldwide saver @ $63.80;
                - Fedex priority @ $138; and
                - International Express Mail @ $106.25

probably going to go with UPS worldwide saver since its the cheapest option.

at this price, the tax doesnt bother me much as it is still cheaper than ebay and a freaking hell of a lot cheaper than getting it anywhere locally.
                T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

ordered.

1,637.80 USD = 1,721.19 AUD
                  United States Dollars Australia Dollars
                  1 USD = 1.05091 AUD 1 AUD = 0.951553 USD

gotta love that exchange rate.. less than $1900 landed with gst

actually came through on the CC @ 1718.75
                  Last edited by MrThanh; 23-06-08, 09:35 PM.
                  T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

that's a bloody awesome price..
                    ClubITR | Like

Comment

thats the main reasonwhy i bought it. with the dollar this strong and the rebates etc, it was too good to pass up... and when i go to sell it i should get bloody close to what i paid for it
                      T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Same here, the strong dollar and rebates made it an instant deal

Let us know when it gets here!

TYP 88 R

Comment

Just 2 pics of my recent DIY lightstand attempt

For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

Glad you didn't get a big gust of wind! haha

Comment

ghetto LOL

looks like it would work though
                              T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

It did work. Look at my model photoshoot attempt in this thread (1 or 2 pages ago)
                                For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

Working...
                                X