No announcement yet.

Honda Legend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bear drove one at Oran Park before the launch, he said it felt awesome, but too heavy...

he said the SH-AWD was v.hard to unsettle...
    ... retired/

Comment

Yeah that mugen legend is Pr0n! Thanks for the pics and links . Didn't realise that there was much in the way of mugen available for it yet.

The legend max is cool but I am more of an Amuse whore myself:

Spoon make a couple of nice parts for it as well. They make a pretty cool exhaust with four small tips, would look pretty cool.

What the car need most is to be slammed with some nice rims though. Don't think father will be all that cool with modifying it though, when he is in my car it is nothing but whinge whinge about how loud and rattly my car is.

Comment

he told me ~$80k drive away...
        ... retired/

Comment

That Amuse Legend is sweet!
          Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

The problem is the transmission. And no, this is not your weekend track car or mountain warrior. This wouldn't even come close to luxury of an entry level GS. Great car, but for some reason, it just doesn't justify anything. Japan and virtual NIL US sales figures speak for itself for a car that has been out for "awhile" now.

Comment

Originally posted by Noel View Post
              The problem is the transmission. And no, this is not your weekend track car or mountain warrior. This wouldn't even come close to luxury of an entry level GS. Great car, but for some reason, it just doesn't justify anything. Japan and virtual NIL US sales figures speak for itself for a car that has been out for "awhile" now.
              oh, no luxury features? does it come with satnav, autowipers, HID projectors, heated electric adjustable seats, sunroof, corner turning headlights, leather, automatic off headlights, automatic wind up windows (when locked) or anything like that? those are the kind of features i would attribute to a luxury car. just figured most of those items would be expected on this car. what does it have exactly, anyone got a list?
              almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

No radar sonar/nightvision technology from Japan that's for sure. Actually, I was referring more on ride comfort/quality vs. gadgetry. Even when gadgetry is concerned, Honda isn't the top of the Japan manufacturers. Lexus in simple comparison absolutely destroys Honda in this aspect. Motoring journalists have rated the Legend to have good power and handling but no luxury in aspects of a luxury vehicle.

Honda's forte isn't in luxury vehicles. Just look at every example of a luxury model available now and compare it with something similar. Good comparison is the IS vs. Accord/Accord Euro. You'd be impressed by Lexus for smooth silk engineering and comfort but go to Honda if you want raw handling, driver feedback and performance. It's a different manufacturer after a different type of market genre altogether.

Comment

basically
                  what noels trying to say is want sport buy honda
                  want luxry buy lexus

Comment

No radar sonar/nightvision technology from Japan that's for sure. Actually, I was referring more on ride comfort/quality vs. gadgetry. Even when gadgetry is concerned, Honda isn't the top of the Japan manufacturers. Lexus in simple comparison absolutely destroys Honda in this aspect. Motoring journalists have rated the Legend to have good power and handling but no luxury in aspects of a luxury vehicle.

Honda's forte isn't in luxury vehicles. Just look at every example of a luxury model available now and compare it with something similar. Good comparison is the IS vs. Accord/Accord Euro. You'd be impressed by Lexus for smooth silk engineering and comfort but go to Honda if you want raw handling, driver feedback and performance. It's a different manufacturer after a different type of market genre altogether.
                    i always thought the Legend was the luxury end of Honda's range. Fair enough if they don't have as many models in that department as Toyota's entire Lexus branch but that doesn't mean they should be completely written off from possibly ever producing a Luxury vehicle that could compete with them.

I don't think you can brand Honda as a performance vehicle company and write them off like that. Maybe that wasn't your intention but it comes across that way.
                    almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

It's alright ... My understanding, philosophy and knowledge of Hondas extend very much beyond what is written.

I urge you to secure a test drive of the Honda Legend when it arrives on our shores and compare it with just the entry level current GS. And throw in an European manufacturer of shits n' giggles ala Mercedes E mid-class or BMW 5 series mid-class. You'd know what I mean then.

I never said the Legend is shit or isn't a Honda luxury car. But if luxury is top on the buyer's requirements. For the money and what you expect it to deliver. Other car manufacturers do better. Performance isn't a problem for Honda and never has been. It's refinement and total quality that is never up to par.

Comment

Originally posted by sangers View Post
                        And now, here's the Mugen Legend Max (LM)

that looks like the new commodore from the front

not the best pic but you get the idea

Comment

For the money and what you expect it to deliver. Other car manufacturers do better.
                          for example, a fully optioned Holden Caprice or similar?

around $80,000 driveaway...

or maybe you are throwing in the extra $30K to get an un-optioned base BMW 530i?

or the Lexus GS430 - an extra $55K on top of the $80K...

or instead of a Lexus G430, you could have a Legend AND a Integra Type S?

or are you saying other car manufacturers "do better", regardless of price?
                          ... retired/

Comment

wow that's pretty expensive!

awd! woot!

Comment

And throw in an European manufacturer of shits n' giggles ala Mercedes E mid-class or BMW 5 series mid-class. You'd know what I mean then.
                              they may be more luxurious but after a couple of years of ownership i know which one i would rather have (it's not teh BMW)
                              my boss has a 5 series, i think its a 540i and i've driven it a couple of times and for a car woth about 70000km on it it doesn't feel very nice to drive, has had various problems from gearbox to headgaskets and it sure aint cheap to fix
                              luckily teh GB wasn't to bad cos they dont rebuil them here, you buy a recon one that has been back to germany at a cost of 11k

Comment

I can see all the brand loyal monkeys coming out with their swords on this one. Regardless apart from looking beyond brand loyalty.

Since price is of key nature @ 80K (Note this is a speculation price on what Honda will be charging, not official), the IS250 in max trim luxury spec just shy of $80K will do just fine in comparison of refinement-only.

The GS430 is out of the price bracket but Honda didn't supply a V8 or hybrid for what is on offer either. Toyota/Lexus (No matter how much Honda owners/lovers/enthusiasts hate) unfortunately does win in the luxury category and is destroying EU manufacturers on consistency, reliability and price.

Honda/Acura? Apologies ... Still a learning curve in this department like how Toyota struggles to deliver any results in F1.

Comment

Working...
                                X