FN2 Civic Type-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FN2 Civic Type-R

This is not a thread on how good/bad it is if you HAVE NOT DRIVEN ONE.

So who has one?
    Or has driven one?
    How did you find it?
    happyhong says:
    aus only have 3 r
    happyhong says:
    civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Is this a lounge topic or a General Automotive topic?
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

You're the mod, why are you asking me? LOL
      happyhong says:
      aus only have 3 r
      happyhong says:
      civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

My friend has one.

I have driven his for 1 week long when he was away.

The car is awesome and fast, there are some pros and cons of the car so you better test it by yourself.

It is much quicker than DC5R in stock form and it handles IMHO much much better than DC5R despite the lack of LSD.

I can't compare one with Type S as I never driven one before.

Comment

Took one for a test drive a few weeks ago. They are a really nice car to drive, very smooth, and the standard options that come with the car are quite good. I went straight from my modded dc5r to the civic, and found the civic actually did quite well in terms of power and comfort and was really close to buying one!

Comment

Going for a test drive on the 7th when my DC2 gets serviced.

Should be interesting

Comment

i took one for a drive and wasnt very impressed to be honest... My dc5r felt faster and much more responsive (its stock as well). I do know someone with one and i think me vs him would be a better comparison and i cant wait . Apart from that, it was a VERY nice drive but felt like i was floating :/ sussy is much softer than DC5R stock and can tell the difference with no double wishbones on the rear!

I do think the car has a lot of potential, even stock motor with weight reduction the car would decimate a DC5R. 1/4 mile times show that the civic type R is 15.4 secs which is a bit faster than the DC5R but i still feel like my car is quicker.

Another thing that bothered me is the lack of feeling when vtec engages. The power is fairly evenly distributed and there is also not much vtec noise as well!

Apart from all of that, this car will outsell the DC5R significantly purely because its more designed for a western market and the aussie lifestyle of comfort and a zippy ride will appeal to a lot of people. It feels like a hot hatch. Honda's intention for this car in Australia has in my opinion, been exceeded. That being said, I wont be trading in my type R for one. It would be better car for my G/f than myself.
              sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Working...
              X