CTR - predict a laptime? (Winton?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTR - predict a laptime? (Winton?)

Okay. Lets predict how the new CTR goes on the Aussie tracks. Motor will test one at some stage (hopefully at Winton).

What does everyone reckon they will do at their local tracks (Wakefield, Oran Park, Phillip Island, Sandown, wherever, …..) and how they will compare to the old rides (DC2 & DC5).

Cons –
    Heavier
    Suspension doesn’t seem great
    No LSD

Pro –
    More torque at lower revs
    Bigger discs
    Lower profile tyres
    Stiffer (than a DC2)
    Newer (better and smarter use of technology and materials)

I reckon stock with good drivers they would be around:
    (Victoria)
    Phillip Island – 2:01-2:02
    Sandown – 1:36
    Calder – 1:14
    Winton – 1:46

Lets here your predictions for lap times guys (and if the CTR’s beat the times rub the doubter’s noses in it).
    Last edited by TAFKA TMB; 09-08-07, 06:02 PM.
    Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

well someone already took it around qld? it did ok for a stock car

Comment

yah, last weekend a black one did 67s - 68s at Queensland Raceway - Sprint Circuit...
      that's pretty good given it was a stock car and it was the driver's first time at the track.

Comment

Ok, here goes. This is based on a totally stock CTR with an experienced driver, on stock tyres.

I would guess it would be capable of :-

2:01 at EC
        1:16 at Wakefield (I think the lack of LSD could cost it here)

So, CTR peeps... go out and prove it can be done!
        | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

I reckon a 1:15, possibly a 14 with a professional @ Wakefield.
          Might lack LSD but it has torque to get out of the corners.
          happyhong says:
          aus only have 3 r
          happyhong says:
          civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

Originally posted by fueltank View Post
            I reckon a 1:15, possibly a 14 with a professional @ Wakefield.
            Might lack LSD but it has torque to get out of the corners.
            Depends too on how well-suited the ultra-short gearing is to Wakefield. It might be great, it could also be detrimental however.

I think any increase in torque will be well and truly sapped up by the 1300+kg kerb weight.

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

On the right day with the right conditions and a good driver I'll say a 1:15 should be possible. Maybe not a LOW 1:15 however

Keep in mind STOCK tyres, not semi's.

We'll see, shall we!

Comment

Prediction on a near-stock JDM S15 freaky? Want something to aim towards when I head down there =)
                g
                [ BBU66Z ]
                g
                Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

Originally posted by j0nbubz View Post
                  Prediction on a near-stock JDM S15 freaky? Want something to aim towards when I head down there =)
                  Near stock? Doesn't take too much to make them quick...

I'd only be guessing, but if you are running 1:13 or faster you should be pretty happy I would think.

Comment

I say near-stock as It's no where near a 'modified' classification..

Decent street tyres, coilovers, catback, pod lol

Wow 1:13.. OK.. knowing the crappiness of my driving, I'll aim for a 1:20 LOL =D
                    g
                    [ BBU66Z ]
                    g
                    Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

what did the type s do aroudn wakefield? it will be faster then that.

That also doesnt have lsd.

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                        what did the type s do aroudn wakefield? it will be faster then that.

That also doesnt have lsd.
                        Faster than a Type S you think?

Type S has more power and is lighter. It will come down to the suspension and grip capability of the FN2 vs DC5...

Comment

u cant look at it as just power/weight ratio

the type s is heavier then the dc2r. still faster .....

it is most likely goign to be faster as every evolution of a car usually has the newer revision going faster simple as that
                          Last edited by Jingers; 10-08-07, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                            u cant look at it as just power/weight ratio

the type s is heavier then the dc2r. still faster .....

it is most likely goign to be faster as every evolution of a car usually has the newer revision going faster simple as that
                            You surely can't look at the UK CTR and call it an evolution of the DC5 ???

It's an evolution of the Jazz!!!!!!!

Comment

keep it on topic guys...

the FN2 is not an "evolution" of the DC5

it is an "evolved" car.. meaning it has better stuff... e.g the traction control...
                              Last edited by tinkerbell; 10-08-07, 02:44 PM.
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X