PS3 vs Xbox 360 vs Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 vs Xbox 360 vs Wii

I'm thinking of buying one... I love playing Wii at my friends' houses and its a fun party machine... but I'm thinking if I'm alone, will it be as fun? Most of the time I'd probably play alone if I were to get a new system.

The Xbox 360 seems 'old' now but I know its still a good machine. I'm not sure what sets is apart from the rest of the systems, but having the original Xbox instead of a PS2, I still have a place for it to consider buying one. I've also played my friend's 360 and its pretty good!

The PS3 is still expensive and wondering if its worth the money for the new technology.

ATM I'm actually tossing up between a PS3 and Wii, and will only consider getting the 360 if I want to chip it straight away.

Please discuss your opinions!

get the wii if you have friends over, more enjoyable.

xbox360 > ps3

(for now until they have the games)

Comment

if you want to buy a 360 you might consider waiting for the Black version, with built in HD DVD and 120GB hard drive.

If you really appreciate the awsome quality of gaming these machines give, you might want to also invest in a good TV to play these games at 1080p
      Its a huge difference between standard def and high def gaming.

Comment

Try playing red steel on the wii.
        Pretty good solo game.
        happyhong says:
        aus only have 3 r
        happyhong says:
        civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

xbox360>wii>psp>nds>ps3

ps3 really sucks.....mines just there to make the living room look better

z10 says:
          i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
          z10 says:
          mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Xbox 360 > Wii > PS3

Xbox has the best range of games atm, Forza 2 surprised me and will keep me busy until GT5 arrives; the wireless racing wheel makes a huge difference. With the Wii the novelty factor wears off, but Scarface is pretty fun. PS3 the only game I every play is Virtua tennis, but I do use it to watch Blu Ray movies and download free HD music videos and trailers.

I've recently stopped playing them all after buying GTR2 for PC and using my force feedback pro wheel from the ps2. Downloaded the V8 Supercars Mod, and race on the Adelaide street track - most fun I've had in a while
            ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by tofu View Post
              if you want to buy a 360 you might consider waiting for the Black version, with built in HD DVD and 120GB hard drive.

If you really appreciate the awsome quality of gaming these machines give, you might want to also invest in a good TV to play these games at 1080p
              Its a huge difference between standard def and high def gaming.
              So this is to compete against the PS3 I suppose... any word of the release date of the black version?

So you guys really like the 360 over the PS3? If I get more feedback like that, I will definitely buy the 360 as I have always been an Xbox fan.

Comment

The Old school Gameboy FTW!!

Comment

Originally posted by rayDC2R View Post
                  So this is to compete against the PS3 I suppose... any word of the release date of the black version?

So you guys really like the 360 over the PS3? If I get more feedback like that, I will definitely buy the 360 as I have always been an Xbox fan.
                  At this point in time, yes the X360 > PS3.
                  It's fine having a high performance console but when you have no games... it gets boring real quick.
                  happyhong says:
                  aus only have 3 r
                  happyhong says:
                  civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

i just checked out that the xbox360 doesnt come with a built in HD-dvd drive.
                    Not as we expected it would...

read here www.xbox360elite.com.au

Comment

just wait until metal gear solid 4 comes out on PS3.. then PS3 > *.*
                      T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Originally posted by r|Ce_bOi View Post
                        i just checked out that the xbox360 doesnt come with a built in HD-dvd drive.
                        Not as we expected it would...

read here www.xbox360elite.com.au
                        damit, i was lead to think it was going to come with HD DVD

Comment

nope, xbox 360 you need to buy external hd dvd drive

the black version already on sale here in hk, heard there is no chip for the black version as yet

z10 says:
                          i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                          z10 says:
                          mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

so the black one uses a different chip?

Comment

64 for the win =]
                              Have you had your daily dose of VTEC?

Comment

Working...
                              X