Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed Cameras + Photo-Blocking Spray

Hey,
    Wondering if anyone has tried one of these photo-blocking sprays on your licence plate, or heard of a case which it DID or DID NOT work. Heres a link i found of one type of product.

http://www.nixthetix.com/

Any comments?

Cho

You shouldn't be speeding anyway, Cho!
    '99 JDM CW DC2R

Comment

you can see the plates blocked out in this pic...

but once it gets to 88mph, doesnt matter anyways...
      ... retired/

Comment

but seriously, i dont know anyone who is game to try it out...
        ... retired/

Comment

getting caught speeding on a fixed camera = owned....theres a list of all fixed cameras anyway

a way to get away from getting caught speeding from a police car radar would be great

z10 says:
          i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
          z10 says:
          mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Highly illegal if you get caught? i remember hearing a story about a fellow who had it on his plates. Cop pulled him over and when he was lookin at his rear plates he planted his torchbeam over it, but then he thought it was normal and let him by.

Comment

hmmmm, i dont see how it could be illegal to spray your plates with clear coat if you could still read them!
              ... retired/

Comment

cops will think u r trying to avoid speed camera flashes.

Ever followed a car at night and found that the plates is almost unreadable becuase it was reflecting your headlights? I think maybe clearcoat might do that abit?

Comment

man i realised i just reposted + captain obivioused all in one post

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                    man i realised i just reposted + captain obivioused all in one post
                    thats why ur our man mr jingers... thats y i want you on my team for sc/bw... you will lead us into victory!!!! FOR SPARTA!!!!

Comment

the spary is detectable if looked at in anyother angle besides directly at it.... the point is to reflect a flash of a speed camera (ie, parked 4WD on the side of the road) so that the lisence plate cannot be indentified in the photo... you will get fucked up if cops detect this on ur lisence plate... yes it is just a clear coat, but the intentions are obvious....

Comment

I think you should spray your whole car with it. Then the cops may not even be able to track you from the pic of your car, you just vanish into the unknown.
                        †ÎM؃Ÿ†Î†§

One To Pin (12PIN)
                        2002 DC5R
                        183.8kW of Normally Apirated 2150cc Toda Power at the Front Wheels
                        62.75s @ QR Sprints on DZ02G Semi's (stock engine)
                        124s @ Oran Park Superlap on Toyo R1R's (Toda Powered K21.5)
                        58.14s @ Lakeside Raceway on Dunlop Slicks (Toda Powered K21.5)
                        60.97s @ QR Clubman on DZ03G Semi's (Toda Powered K21.5)
                        59.03S @ QR Sprints on DZ03G Semi's (Toda Powered K21.5)
                        1:23.01S @ QR National on Dunlop Slicks (Toda Powered K21.5)

Comment

Group buy? lol?

Comment

Originally posted by CK1 View Post
                            the spary is detectable if looked at in anyother angle besides directly at it.... the point is to reflect a flash of a speed camera (ie, parked 4WD on the side of the road) so that the lisence plate cannot be indentified in the photo... you will get fucked up if cops detect this on ur lisence plate... yes it is just a clear coat, but the intentions are obvious....
                            http://www.austlii.edu.au//cgi-bin/d...98478/s24.html

ROAD TRANSPORT (VEHICLE REGISTRATION) REGULATION 1998 - REG 24
                            Display of number-plates
                            24 Display of number-plates

(1) Unless otherwise approved by the Authority, a registered operator of a registered registrable vehicle must ensure that a vehicle number-plate issued by the Authority for the vehicle is permanently affixed to the vehicle so that (assuming the vehicle to be on level ground):
                            (a) the number-plate is at all times:
                            (i) in an upright position that is substantially parallel to the vehicle’s axles, and
                            (ii) not more than 1.3 metres above ground level, and
                            (b) the numbers on the number-plate are clearly visible from a distance of 20 metres at any point within an arc of 45 degrees from the surface of the number-plate above or to either side of the vehicle, as shown in figures 1 and 2 of diagram 1 (in relation to heavy vehicles) and figures 1 and 2 of diagram 2 (in relation to light vehicles), and
                            (c) any cover on the number-plate:
                            (i) is clear, clean, untinted and flat over its entire surface, and
                            (ii) has no reflective or other characteristics that would prevent the successful operation of a device approved for use under a law relating to the detection of traffic offences, and
                            (d) in the case of a motor vehicle—one number-plate is affixed to the front of the vehicle and another to its rear, and
                            (e) in the case of a motor bike or trailer—at least one number-plate is affixed to its rear, and
                            (f) in the case of a motor vehicle for which number-plates of different sizes are issued—the larger of the number-plates is affixed to the rear of the vehicle.
                            so if the definition of "cover" includes "coating" then yes, it is illegal...

but it is arguable that the *common understanding* of the word "cover" would not include a sprayed on "coating", then a clear paint would not be illegal...

but i am not a lawyer...
                            ... retired/

Comment

might be able to get away with 'cover' as a physical object of obstruction as such..

better not to risk it =P
                              g
                              [ BBU66Z ]
                              g
                              Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

Working...
                              X