Sub-Contractor & Nominated Sub-Contractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub-Contractor & Nominated Sub-Contractor

hey... i would just like to know the difference between the two??? and whether the nominate sub-contractor is nominated by the contractor or the principal?? thanx heaps!!! i need to know this for my exam tomorrow

nominated subcontractor is a TYPE of subcontractor

Subcontractor = contractors hire subcontractors to do some of their (contractors) contract
    Nominated subcontractor = i think... is nominated by the client (principle) .. i think =P

read up a bit - nominated subcontractors are hired by the EMPLOYER (the principle). Because of this, the main contractor (hired by the employer principle), gets some sort of benefit/profit as he does not have a direct relationship with the nominated subcontractor
    Last edited by j0nbubz; 31-05-07, 04:58 PM.
    g
    [ BBU66Z ]
    g
    Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

Nominated subcontractor is not always hired by the principal, in fact I have never seen a case where nominated subie is directly hired by the client. If a subcontractor is nominated by the client/principal then the contractor/service provider must engage him, if multiple subies are nominated then means the contractor can only select from that nominated group.

To answer the question, I would say nominated subie is nominated/chosen by the client/principal. i.e. the party who pays for the project.

Comment

Working...
      X