Insurance costs over 3k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance costs over 3k

I just rang up for a quote(full comperhensive) on Just car insurance under my own name just to check out how much it would be....they told me it was 3.3k!!

What if i put it under my parents name howmuch around it would come down by?
    Parents are full licences soo..yeh...
    thanks
    Last edited by rcdc.2; 09-05-07, 02:17 PM.

depends on your parents driving history, Where you park your car & Bonus etc... Really can't tell you how much buddy.... all you can do is just ring up and get a quote.

Comment

depending on how much u want to bend the truth - you could possibly ask your parents to call for you, and ask for a quote with you as a nominated driver

I believe, convincing the insurers that the car will not be the cause of any accidents/need to claim (basically dont be a hoon)
      g
      [ BBU66Z ]
      g
      Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

With Just Car they policy goes under the youngest driver regardless who the ownership is. When it comes to claim time you might have trouble lodging a claim if the insurance policy is within your parent's name while your at fault, especially when police are involved. They insurance company may choose not to honour your policy and your insurance would be forfeited.

At the age of 19 i dont think anyone will insure you as the main policy holder for a dc2r for cheap other than Just Car Insurance, or try Custom Cars (GIO) but they are a bit more expensive than JCI.

I think you should of done more research before you actually bought your DC2R. Insurance is what most people get sorted out before actually purchasing a vehicle. Also the running fees of the vehicle.
        Last edited by SPL_K; 09-05-07, 03:05 PM.

Comment

um, excuse me rc.dc2 - did you search before posting?????

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/search.php

there is a whole thread dedicated to this:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ight=insurance
          ... retired/

Comment

Try to get a quote from shannons....they insure all ur mods....
            Its all depends on ur driving history and NCB (No claim Bonus) you can put ur parents name as the main driver in the policy and urself as an occational driver.....it may work out cheaper....
            Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
            1)ブレーキを踏む
            2)クラッチを切る
            3)シフトダウンしなから、
              アクセルをぶかす
            4)クラッチをつなぐ
            :blah:
            インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
            人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
              um, excuse me rc.dc2 - did you search before posting?????

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/search.php

there is a whole thread dedicated to this:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ight=insurance

In addition to this, I would assume most people would get insurance quotes on a car before purchasing to avoid any surprises? Or is that too logical?
              | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                Try to get a quote from shannons....they insure all ur mods....

um, i think rc.dc2 has about 7 years before shannons will even talk to him unfortunatly...
                ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post

In addition to this, I would assume most people would get insurance quotes on a car before purchasing to avoid any surprises? Or is that too logical?

Hu ? what kind of mentality is that who the hell plans any expensive purchase ?
                  /Oo ___H___ oO\
                  |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Give Ryno insurance a call....
                    LONDA

Comment

Originally posted by .::F[L]Y::. View Post
                      Give Ryno insurance a call....
                      They won't insure him unless if he is on a Rating 1

Comment

Ryno wont insure you unless your 21 +

Comment

well just car wanted 2.2 for my jdm dc2 vtir with an excess of 1.7 and iam on rating 3 or 4. while my old aus spec vtir was only 1.9 with an excess of 1k..... 2 yrs ago... those jerks.. so i wanted for 3rd party.......

is there such a thing as performance car excess for just car insurance?

Comment

uh-huh it goes standard excess + age excess if <25 + performance car excess lol

mate you might aswell insure it with just car they will be the only one who want to insure you. other insurers won't let you put it under your parents name and you as a nominated driver because it is a performance car.
                            http://www.soasiandvd.com.au

Comment

You could try NRMA? Hahahah

Comment

Working...
                              X