Clear All

Ghibli / Miyazaki fans

I bought one of these some time ago....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/STUDIO-GHIBLI...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/STUDIO-GHIBLI...QQcmdZViewItem
    Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
    http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

I've only watched Laputa and Spirited Away...

I loved Laputa!! lol

Comment

i bought dragon ball z & gt of that seller on ebay!

Comment

I have a chinese box set that looks like this:

But I don't use it and all the dvds are still in the plastic thingys. I have a cheapo china version (VCDS) that endures the wear+tear+endless playing and transporting to and from people's houses etc.

And......Gedo Senki will be showing at Australian Dendy Cinemas (at last!!!!) on 25th April (Brisbane) and 17th May (Sydney). LINKY!
        It's been like what.....TWELVE MONTHS?!?!
        Last edited by norma; 17-04-07, 04:32 PM.

Comment

OH!!! And they were playing Spirited Away at The Domain ...I think last week? or the week before? There were a few screenings....it might be over now though..

Comment

Grave of the Fireflies and Porco Rosso are my favourites from ghibli.

Grave of the Fireflies is also the only film i've ever watched and will never watch again. It is just too sad.

Comment

Originally posted by norma View Post

And......Gedo Senki will be showing at Australian Dendy Cinemas (at last!!!!) on 25th April (Brisbane) and 17th May (Sydney). LINKY!
              It's been like what.....TWELVE MONTHS?!?!
              Not coming to Adelaide?? Betcha it'll be another 12 months to make it here....

EVO IX FOR SALE:

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyR View Post
                Not coming to Adelaide?? Betcha it'll be another 12 months to make it here....
                FunkyR, you owe me one for my great researching skills.

Adelaide: June 14-24 Palace Nova www.palacenova.com If you scroll right down to the bottom of the "coming soon" page, it's there but it says "Limited Edition"?

It's like a Madman cinemas (Madman comics maybe?) special screening or something? More details: http://www.talesfromearthsea.com.au/

Ohh... found it.

Originally posted by http://www.madman.com.au/madboards/viewtopic.php?t=23661&sid=f736cc75716a9eb237f2d792 b7537ad8
                MADMAN ACQUIRES STUDIO GHIBLI’S LATEST PRODUCTION – TALES FROM EARTHSEA (GEDO SENKI).

MELBOURNE, Tuesday, 19 December 2006 – Madman Entertainment are pleased to announce they have secured rights to bring Studio Ghibli’s latest production, Tales From Earthsea (Gedo Senki) to Australia and New Zealand.

Tales From Earthsea is based on the Earthsea series, originally created by author Ursula K. Le Guin. It is the story of a fantasy realm containing a vast archipelago of islands and uncharted oceans. The film follows the journey of Ged, a wandering wizard investigating a spate of strange events, who stumbles upon the young Prince Arren, a distraught teenager struggling with a powerful dark side.

Tales From Earthsea is the directorial debut of Hayao Miyazaki’s son, Goro Miyazaki. A Shinshu University of Agriculture graduate and construction consultant, Goro is described as a naturally talented illustrator and a strong decision-maker, who was originally uninterested in competing with his father in the field of animation. He became involved with Studio Ghibli after overseeing the design of the Ghibli Museum and served as its director from 2001 to 2005.

Tim Anderson, CEO of Madman Entertainment commented, “Madman are thrilled to be working with Studio Ghibli once again. Especially in the case of Western audiences, Studio Ghibli’s reputation for producing high-quality, unique and truly beautiful films has sky-rocketed over the last few years and public anticipation for Tales From Earthsea is no exception.”

Madman Cinema will release Tales From Earthsea to theatres in mid-2007.

FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE MADMAN STUDIO GHIBLI COLLECTION - VISIT:
                www.madman.com.au/studioghibli

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON MADMAN CINEMA - VISIT:
                www.madman.com.au/cinema
                ABOUT MADMAN

THE MADMAN ENTERTAINMENT GROUP proudly showcases the best in world cinema, arthouse film, Australian independent features, animation and Japanese anime. Madman is Australia's leading distributor of home entertainment and an industry innovator with a sought-after interactive and DVD authoring studio; printing division; film production involvement; and a range of DVD and video labels.
                http://www.madman.com.au/studioghibli/

Comment

Do you reckon Madman will come out with a Region 4 boxset?

EDIT IN>>

May as well post this:

Madman Cinema Special Event Release, TALES FROM EARTHSEA will be screening in cinemas for a strictly limited time from mid April. The screening dates are:

Brisbane: April 26 - May 6 Dendy George St www.dendy.com.au
                  Sydney: May 17-27 Dendy Newtown www.dendy.com.au
                  Melbourne: May 31 - June 11 Kino Dendy www.dendy.com.au
                  Adelaide: June 14-24 Palace Nova www.palacenova.com
                  Perth: June 28 - July 8 Luna Leederville www.lunapalace.com.au

The Australian Premiere will be held on Sunday 15 April, 7.00pm, at Dendy George St Cinemas, Brisbane, on the closing night of Supanova.
                  Tickets are on sale now.
                  Tickets price: adults $15; concession $12 (No Free List)
                  Last edited by norma; 19-04-07, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Just watched the trailer for Gedo Senki. It doesn't look too interesting. But then again i was really never interested in the story of Earthsea. However i'm interested in seeing the english voice actors that are going to be used if there was an english dub. I say this cause i thought the english dub for Howls Moving Castle was fantastic. Emily Mortimer's voice was perfect for Sophie and i might also add beautiful. It was one of the very few animation english dubs i enjoyed and prefer it over the japanese voices. Also the fact that Christian Bale was the voice for Howl (I'm a huge Bale fan haha) made this film really enjoyable to watch. If Gedo Senki is anything like Howls Moving Castle in terms of english voice actors i might enjoy it :P.
                    Last edited by swooc; 19-04-07, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by swooc View Post
                      Grave of the Fireflies and Porco Rosso are my favourites from ghibli.

Grave of the Fireflies is also the only film i've ever watched and will never watch again. It is just too sad.
                      I'll never watch that one again either... Once is enough.

Comment

[QUOTE=norma;44431]FunkyR, you owe me one for my great researching skills.

QUOTE]

OMG you are a legend!

EVO IX FOR SALE:

Comment

Just watched the trailer for Gedo Senki. It doesn't look too interesting. But then again i was really never interested in the story of Earthsea. However i'm interested in seeing the english voice actors that are going to be used if there was an english dub. I say this cause i thought the english dub for Howls Moving Castle was fantastic. Emily Mortimer's voice was perfect for Sophie and i might also add beautiful. It was one of the very few animation english dubs i enjoyed and prefer it over the japanese voices. Also the fact that Christian Bale was the voice for Howl (I'm a huge Bale fan haha) made this film really enjoyable to watch. If Gedo Senki is anything like Howls Moving Castle in terms of english voice actors i might enjoy it :P.

Actually I hope they DONT dub in English voices.... much prefer it in Japanese

EVO IX FOR SALE:

Comment

Thats pretty interesting- loving the english dub. I never actually watched Howls Moving Castle in the english dub, I'm generally with FunkyR. I even prefer chinese to english. Only because you lose so much in translation/dubbing if you are familar with japanese/chinese language and cultures. (Eg. You know how the japs have a more effeminate verion of masculine roles that western societies don't have? That whole 'boyish' character is often lost in english dubbing of Jap anime.)

Having said that...the dubbing was supposed to be superb, and the Eng. voice actors were interviewed and stuff on features disc (au. dvd release.)

I'm actually iffy about Gedo Senki as well. I'm a HUGE fan of Hayao. But I have a feeling Goro's going to fall short. I thought the actual earthsea novels were....exceptionally good. But I don't think the film is a rendition of the novels. I'm going to watch it as a seperate thing nevertheless.

Fireflies is horribily sad. But I love it. I think I've watched it about 5 times.....and said I'd never watch it again each time.

Comment

Working...
                            X