Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping A Car from Tasmania

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew any companies that will ship a car from tasmania to sydney and if so the rough cost? I may be going to Tasmania to take a look at DC2R. Going to give the owner a call tomorrow and see how negotiable his price is.

God, hunting for a stock mint DC2R with low kms is hard work! Especially when they go like hot pancakes!

Cheers.
    Last edited by SPL_K; 04-04-07, 12:32 AM.

Just drive the car back to Sydney yourself and take it as a familiarisation of the vehicle run
    Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

I say fly one way to Tasmania, travel by ship with car to Melbourne and go for a spirited drive back to Sydney.

Comment

Go down, if it's good then buy it on the spot... not sure how you gonna do that.

Drive it around and to melb then get it trucked up from Melb.
        happyhong says:
        aus only have 3 r
        happyhong says:
        civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

Originally posted by Manny View Post
          Just drive the car back to Sydney yourself and take it as a familiarisation of the vehicle run
          Haha Manny, I'm gonna drive the car across water Magically cars ooer! Theres a black DC2R thats been advertised in TAS for over a month now. I think the only they have trying to sell is that they're in TAS. So we'll see how that goes.

I may also be getting an offer from a QLD black DC2R, the only downfall is the sunroof as i'd be looking to track the car. But if he agrees to my offer it'd probably be my number 1 consideration. What do you guys think about sunroofs? I'd be looking to track the car at open days/circuit clubs/any other club days. How much bracing would the car need to strengthen the chassis due to the sunroof?

But does anyone know how much it costs for the ship to Sydney/Melbourne. Approximation cost?

Comment

I'm not a fan of sunroofs for DC2R's simply b'cos they are all dealer fitted, not factory fitted.

I guess it depends what brand/fitter the dealer used, you might or might not have problems. My mate had to keep getting it adjusted after each track day.
            happyhong says:
            aus only have 3 r
            happyhong says:
            civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

yes yes i had a thread about that, any idea the costs on realignment ?

Comment

Originally posted by wu` View Post
                Haha Manny, I'm gonna drive the car across water Magically cars ooer! Theres a black DC2R thats been advertised in TAS for over a month now. I think the only they have trying to sell is that they're in TAS. So we'll see how that goes.

I may also be getting an offer from a QLD black DC2R, the only downfall is the sunroof as i'd be looking to track the car. But if he agrees to my offer it'd probably be my number 1 consideration. What do you guys think about sunroofs? I'd be looking to track the car at open days/circuit clubs/any other club days. How much bracing would the car need to strengthen the chassis due to the sunroof?

But does anyone know how much it costs for the ship to Sydney/Melbourne. Approximation cost?
                http://www.spiritoftasmania.com.au/

Still need to drive it back up to Sydney.
                The most expensive is not always the best, but the best is always expensive.

Comment

Hey wu, I'm going to be back in my motherland (tas) next week for easter, you buy the car and I will bring it back on the spirit for you and drive it to sydney .

Seriously though where is the car located in tas? I could understand it being for sale for a while because the teg type R does not seem to be very popular in Tasmania, and they are mostly driven by old blokes and women with perms. I think getting it back by the Spirit of Tasmania and then driving is your best bet, it would only cost you like $100 for the flight, maybe $100-150 for the spirit and then your petrol costs .

Comment

I see the spirit of tasmina quiet often outside of my work in sydney harbour! The wont ship to Sydney?

I'm going to give the owner a call tomorrow. Just trying to figure out the costs! Plus trying to neg down a dc2r from qld atm as well.

The car is located in Devon Hills. '00 Black DC2R, 77,000km going for 21k. I just noticed a price drop in 2K!

From the Spirit of TAS site it says $69 for a standard car one way and $114 per person.

Does anyone know where i'd need to obtain the grant for interstate travel? Best to ask VIC or TAS RTA regarding this situation? Since the car is leaving TAS to go VIC to NSW. I'm trying to fit all this into maximum 2 days.
                    Last edited by SPL_K; 04-04-07, 06:33 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by a grant for interstate travel but there would be no trouble with catching the spirit from tas to melbourne and then driving to sydney from there. I have had tasmanian registered cars with me in melbourne for a while with no trouble.

To the best of my knowledge the sydney to devonport ships have not operated since last year ( correct me if I am wrong), and the cost for the devonport to melbourne trip could be less if you get a good deal, I have had a return trip, in a cabin, with my car for less than $300.

I will be back in Tas from Sunday (8th april) to Thursday (12th April) so PM me if I can help in any way. I live in Launceston which is not far from devon hills, so it is not much of a trip to check out that dc2r if you need any help at all.

Comment

Originally posted by wu` View Post
                        I see the spirit of tasmina quiet often outside of my work in sydney harbour! The wont ship to Sydney?

I'm going to give the owner a call tomorrow. Just trying to figure out the costs! Plus trying to neg down a dc2r from qld atm as well.

The car is located in Devon Hills. '00 Black DC2R, 77,000km going for 21k. I just noticed a price drop in 2K!

From the Spirit of TAS site it says $69 for a standard car one way and $114 per person.

Does anyone know where i'd need to obtain the grant for interstate travel? Best to ask VIC or TAS RTA regarding this situation? Since the car is leaving TAS to go VIC to NSW. I'm trying to fit all this into maximum 2 days.
                        Ya know I been looknig at the same car lol, but fark what a pain it is to get it here ! looks bloody immaculate. Has been on sale for a while now, probably no market for dc2r's there...
                        David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
                        '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
                        '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

Yeh its been there for at least a month now from memory ! And its dropped 2k in price already. Ha race to get it now aye !? If its immaculate i think its well worth the travel and you'd be rewarded with a great car at the end of the day. Plus for you thats 1 dc2r down and another one to go !

Comment

Working...
                          X