X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sell the S, Get an R

Comment

drive an s2k and see if u like it. i really like 'em, except
      1) i hate convertibles, so i'd remove the soft top and get a c/f hardtop like amuse, mugen or the autobacs/asm one - in any case an expensive task before other modding
      2) im about 193cm tall and find the cockpit a bit cramped, which is not cool. in comparison the dc2r's cockpit fits me like a glove.
      3) only 2 seat so less practical.

on the uphand s2k's are damn sexy esp with a hardtop, they have that fantastic FR chassis, screamer engine, and ultra precise gearshift, HEAPS of great aftermarket tuning potential and can be made to be very quick around a circuit..i would chose 1 over a dc5s. but since u already have the dc5s, it makes things more difficult..

if u fit in it and enjoy driving it, a good condition low kms s2k would b very tempting.. i think either car is a great car to own and drive.
      "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

It all comes down to ownership. If you find one that's been treated well, serviced regularly you shouldn't have *that* many problems with it.

And if you want an s2000, try to find a 2002+ model with glass rear window, leather console, tweeters in the door. The little differences are worth the extra few thousand.
        http://www.soasiandvd.com.au

Comment

I'm 19 as well turning 20 and i did consider the s2k but insurance was obviously too high, maintance as well. When you look at modding the s2k its quiet expensive so i wouldn't bother with it unless you got deep pockets. Like the S2K Hardtop by mugen 8.5k and the spoon one is 12k just for a hardtop thats like a 1/3 of a '00 model s2k. Just imagine all your other mods!

But non the less its a good car, well balanced 50/50 weight distrubtion, rigid chassis (x-bone setup). Good option if u had lots of $$$$$$$! So take into consideration what you plan to do the car before jumping into it and do a lot of research! I was going to buy an Autech S15 (NON TURBO 147kw 175nm) but a lot changed since that wasn't the car for the driving style i was after, sourcing out info/mods is difficult considering theres only around 1000 in the world, etc.

I've never been in the Type S but i've been in a dc2r and dc5r and im sure its a great car like the both of them! Just dont forget you get tagged straight away as the typical "ricerboy" for owning an integra lol Just dont dig yourself into a big hole and buy/own the car you think is right for you and your needs/purposes!

Just do a lot of research and do what you feel is right for yourself! Write down what you want out of a car cause thats what i did and see which one matches up for you! Plus you aint here to impress anyone... or are you?

Comment

i have owned an S2k previously. definately a great car to own and drive. I have previously owned a turbo jdm front dc2 and now a dc2r. Out of all the cars the s2k is still the best car that i have owned imo. The dc2r is a pleasure to drive but i love my convertibles, esp driving top down in the arvos.

To some people the fact that it is a 2 seater seems to be impractical but to me i have always said i buy a car for myself to enjoy, not to drive others around in.
            LONDA

Comment

Working...
            X