Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type S for a S2000?

jkl
    Last edited by Yue_Will; 24-04-08, 03:43 PM.

wait till the s2000 replacement comes out.. Honda are due for some new cars.. a rwd coupe would be nice imo

Comment

Keep the S la.

Comment

19 with a Type S?
        Lucky bastard!
        happyhong says:
        aus only have 3 r
        happyhong says:
        civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

I have the TypeS as well...and I was considering to either buy the S or the S2k.

keep the S, the S2000 is "old" but not discounting that it's still a great car.
          depends what you need and what you can live with.

Comment

wait for the new S2000.
            Even if its out of ur price range it'll push the prices of existing ones down.
            Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010

Comment

One of my friends with a s2k has seen his fair share of maintainence issues, including replacing the diff, gearbox, cv joints and an issue with his alternator.

Unless if you plan on getting a low km later model, be prepared to also fork out for 'maintainence' costs - it is afterall ~6 years old.

Like the others, I'd say keep the S. S2k's imo seem to be very fragile.
              Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee
                S2k's imo seem to be very fragile.
                When you buy a used car, unfortunately you're at the peril of the previous owners. S2Ks aren't fragile. It's the pathetic owners who break them "unknowingly".

On topic ... Yue, you obviously bought the Type S on impluse and for one reason or another, the S2000 is now an instant attraction. Either bite the bullet and suffer at least a good $10K depreciated resale value and buy the S2000 you want. Or, continue to appreciate what you already have (Which isn't a shit or base model crap in anyone's books regardless of 19 or 29).

Comment

Stick with the S man.... You can get the "2" and the "K" later!

Comment

I wouldn't trade in an S for the 2k if unless it was in near brand new conditon of the lastest models...the older models I've heard had major issues with maintenance as said Even Honda Car Club people say this as well...couple of years ago..there were heaps at Winton trackday...but now...u just dun see them at all...why...dunno..but prob have to do with what's said above... Honda Club of Victoria even had trouble keeping the club going because of that too

Comment

If I were to trade in the S...wouldn't be the S2k...would be a second hand Evo 7 or 8 that is in good condition

Comment

S2K is a hot ride - was considering an 02 model (first one with glass rear) or the DC5S - obviously i went with the S. Main reason - what happens when u go for nights away and need luggage or go to dinner with two other mates or chicks? Well in my case i have to borrow my dads Holden Cruise. Such a pity that the car just doesnt have space. I would only get this car if i was rich and as a second car.
                        I really appreciate my S and would only move to an EVO9 atm - but im all about petrol consumption now!

Regards
                        Justin

Comment

S2ks are indeed hot , and I would seriously consider one for my next car were it not for a few factors:

It is likely to be replaced fairly soon

I don't really fit that well into one (6'3")

By the time I can afford one they will be old .

So I vote keep the s. It is new, nice and you will get many years of trouble free running out of it, which will make you more able to save for your next car whatever that may be.

Comment

The s2k depends on the owner and how they treat it... My bro owns a s2k. Hasn't had any problems.

It really depends what your looking for, The 2 seater is the only downfall for me for the s2k other then that they are great cars
                            Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #008

Comment

keep the type-s. its a great car! you would struggle to get a decent price for the S imo....even with low Kms.
                              Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
                              "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
                              sigpic
                              itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
                              send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Working...
                              X