Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations on where to go in Singapore

Hi Everyone,

Planning on visiting Singapore in Oct/Nov any good recommendations on good places to go, decent hotels to stay? keeping mind I have a 8 month child with me.

Thanks
    Perry
    ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

J's Garage is a good place to visit for Honda stuff. Tell Joe I say hi
    Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
    Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
    Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Sentosa island is really cool. That's where universal studios, Hard Rock Cafe, beaches, lots of other activities are located.
      Around the bay there are lots of restaurants and it's just nice to take in the views.
      Orchard st is basically just hours upon hours of shopping.
      Singapore zoo is really good as are the botanical gardens.
      Museum at changi

They're the main things I did when I went there in 2012

Comment

Infinity pool if u got the dough, all my mates have been sending me pics from there this week lucky bastards

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

If you've never been to MBS - stay there. Rooms are average unless you go above Grand Room but not worth the money. Only worth it there for the pool. You do get free flow tho if you book the suites.

Pan Pacific Singapore (the one at marina - theres 3 of them) is a very nice hotel close to everywhere and the esplanade MRT. Bang for buck - this one is good.

Otherwise Intercontinental at Bugis is right above a MRT station and in a shopping centre. Has good street food around there.

For the world famous Hainan chicken - go to Maxwell food centre, its near Chinatown.
          I'm assuming with a 8month old - your not there to party..

Sentosa would be nice and relaxing. can train/cab it into sentosa, there is a underwater world there.. or some aquarium forgot the name. You can then cable car it out - goes to vivo city or something and u can MRT back. you can also go to the night safari there, universal if you want to bring a baby but it probably wont be so enjoyable - the transformer ride is awesome.

the big ferris wheel thing, its right near esplanade station (or pan pac hotel). go at night time for the good night views but photos in it will suck cos of reflection.

orchard rd shopping is pretty average - unless you like your hermes, LV, chanel, etc etc.

if you want to change money - go to Lucky Plaza on orchard rd, they pretty much exchange 0.1/0.2 off the fx rate with no commission.

I love Singapore - but I go there for the clubs and partying.

Comment

Orchard Towers and Geylang....

Haha but seriously, last time I went was over 10 years ago. My friend went recently, did you want me to dig up his blog for you Perry?

Comment

Originally posted by SPL_K View Post
              Orchard Towers and Geylang....

Haha but seriously, last time I went was over 10 years ago. My friend went recently, did you want me to dig up his blog for you Perry?
              Yes please Trev that will be good.

And also thanks for the info everyone keep them coming thanks =)

Comment

I stayed at the Hotel Royal Queens, was pretty good and reasonably close to everything. Taxi fare isnt that expensive anyways.
                Last edited by DTN; 07-05-14, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Here you go Perry, http://www.bearcatholiday2013.blogsp...singapore.html

And I was joking about Orchard Towers and Geylang!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SPL_K View Post
                    Here you go Perry, http://www.bearcatholiday2013.blogsp...singapore.html

And I was joking about Orchard Towers and Geylang!!!
                    Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X