Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time travelling to Japan (PIC HEAVY AND A LOT OF WORDS!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also dont buy condoms from the convenience storem they are too skinny and it wrecks the pleasure
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Haha fucking hell :P

Comment

Keep update... interesting place to visit... I am getting excited

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
          Also dont buy condoms from the convenience storem they are too skinny and it wrecks the pleasure
          speak on the experience ... lol...

Comment

Did you visit Kyoto ? Any suggestion and tips ?

Comment

i did visit kyoto.
              ill write up a bit of a post tomorrow

Comment

champion!!!

Comment

Kyoto is a must city to visit IMO. Its got a nice change from the hustle bustle OSakas and Tokyo's. THey also have a SUPERautobacs store there too!

The food market there is a big let down TBH man. I enjoyed the castles and old relics etc in my time in that city.
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

okay ive been lazy but i will do a kyoto post sometime by the end of the week i promise. work has just been busy the last few days so not much time to just sit down a write etc

like alex said though definitely go to kyoto! lovely city and a great step back in time. visiting all the temples and shrines and stuff was really cool and i enjoyed it a lot!

anyway i did do a write up on my visit to Tactical Art a few days ago so ill upload that for now

Comment

We'll pick up where we left off.

We had finished our visit to Js Racing but I still wanted to squeeze in one more car related visit to Tactical Art before we headed back into Osaka.
                      Hisaaki offered his help yet again and booked us a taxi, printed off maps to give to the driver and organized everything on that end.

Nothing too interesting but I have this thing where I constantly find the number 119 around. Upon hopping in the taxi I saw this right in front of my face haha

The taxi ride from Js Racing to Tactical Art took about 20 minutes. Tactical Art is located in Setsu which has a train line but it's about a 40minute walk from the train station. There is a bus that goes right past the intersection where it is located but first you have to be able to navigate the bus system (a bit more complex than the train system haha)
                      We chose the easy option and just caught taxis.

Anyway Tactical Art are well known now through joeys blog 'The Chronicles'. They have a very USDM feel with their cars with their 'stance' and shaved bays etc but they also have ties in racing and have produced one of my all time favourite EG civics which was built and owned by Atsuki (one of the owners of Tactical Art itself).

Unfortunately for me the aforementioned EG was destroyed in a crash during testing at a race track a few months prior to my visit. Devastating I know! I could have looked over that thing for hours and hours!
                      I still wanted to visit the shop and see what else the guys had going on and I knew Yasa (other owner of the shop) had a S2K so I wanted to check that out too.

Me in front of the shop

Tactical Art itself is split in two basically. Downstairs serves as the workshop which was scattered with pulled apart Honda civics (both EG and EK) owned by the Tactical Art boys and their customers. There was also a Toyota Soarer and an Accord Euro in the shop. The euro was getting the USDM flare with the bay being shaved whereas the Soarer had mismatched panels all over it, fully stripped interior and was having a custom roll cage made. Just shows the diversity of the guys at the shop.

Both Atsuki and Yasutaka were cool guys and very welcoming. Again they were really stoked that I had made the way from Australia to look at their shop. I spent a while looking around the workshop area and talking to the guys about cars and my trip in Japan etc.
                      After looking at pictures of my S2000 and previous EG civic Yasa decided it was time to show off his beast.
                      While USDM/stance isn't really my thing you can tell just how much work has gone into his car.
                      Sporting a clean engine bay with a HKS supercharger, custom guard work, millennium jade respray and CCW rims. His car really is immaculate. Oh yeah it also has a straight pipe from the header back and is super super LOUD!!!!

The second part of the shop is their upstairs showroom/lounge. Hosting a bunch of parts from American companies such as blox, skunk2, BWR and CCW you really pick up on their USDM vibe.
                      We continued our car chat and bought a t shirt and the guys threw in a few stickers and lanyards to again say thank you for visiting.

As you'll notice I didn't take many photos at Tactical Art as it didn't feel like the fanboy experience but more like a hang out with friends talking cars. Just genuinely enjoying car life.

Upon making our way back to the local train station I spotted one of these cool multi story parking spots so that was a cool bonus to end the day on.

This was the final haul for the day. A bunch of car parts, a few shirts and other goodies.

Quick snap from our hotel room before heading out for the night.

Comment

How is the pricing on parts? Both wheels and other misc items... keep up the blog, this is just getting me more excited to plan my japan trip!

Comment

I hope autobacs has TEIN coil over for DC5...

Comment

dont. just order online ... be more expensive and effort to buy from autobacs and JP POST it voer
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

I pick up from store, so no posting cost....

Comment

How u gonna bring the coilovers home?
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X