Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

96 Integra RS stock B18 non-VTEC. I'm trying to do a swap. Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

96 Integra RS stock B18 non-VTEC. I'm trying to do a swap. Suggestions?

Hello every one i have a 96 integra rs clean title, im trying to do a swap due to my car being bad from cylinder 3 supposively a bad valve or sumshyt mechanics tryna charge me around 900 to fix da head according to him , so i figured i shuld just do a swap instead not trying to go expensive or super fast jus sumtin reliable and for it to not be the stock b18 non vtec anymore any uggestions??ImageUploadedByMotorculture1389479127.372239.jpg

Honestly 900 to do the job is a pretty good price.
    sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Is it? But what if i fix da valve or what not nd da pistons bad? I wuld do double waist shuldnt i jus do a swap or u think i shuld jus do da job?

Comment

He told me if u find da motor u want or watever ill charge u 700 jus to swap it ill do da swap nd antifreese nd evrytin ill jus charge u 700 plus whatever u find an engine for dat will be on u

Comment

Just do a k-swap then.
          sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Get it checked and do a wet and dry comp test on all cylinders, if all is good I'd recommend just doing your head, they will do a full reco on your head so it will be just like a new head. A head job will work out cheaper than changing engines. And what if you do Decide to do an engine swap, how can you be sure of the second hand motor that you source ain't got a million Km's on it already..
            Last edited by ZIPPIE Type-S; 12-01-14, 01:08 PM.
            sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

He wants you to source the engine so he can wipe his hands of it if there is any problems with it..
              sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Are you located in America?
                Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
                Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
                Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
                Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

No sms talk..
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

when a mechanic says it could cost 900 without even seeing the head off the engine, they usually mean it will cost you *at least* 900

look for a B18C "front cut" and swap all of it in...
                    ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                    X