Huntsmen in my DC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZIPPIE Type-S View Post
    Just hope the spider wasn't looking for a spot to lay her eggs.
    You could have a few hundred of them in your car sooner than you think...
    LOL i heard about that.. If you see my car up for sale than you'll know why haha

Comment

pwoahh so big it needs its own health bar
      www.flickr.com/andhey
      http://ohitsandy.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RR View Post
        LOL i heard about that.. If you see my car up for sale than you'll know why haha
        just for your information (i know you proclaim to have a 'phobia' - so your supposed fear is irrational anyways) but yeah - the huntsman spider is completely harmless to a fully grown human being a few thousand times its weight...

they can't hurt you, and they wont 'attack' you - more people are hurt by doing stupid things when they see a spider than any people getting actually biten by a spider...

but glad you can drive your car again
        ... retired/

Comment

The mental image of this entire situation made me laugh (but not at you)! Glad you got the issue resolved!

Comment

So the worse just happened as i was going with a mate to the servo, i see one huntsman on my windscreen AGAIN slammed on the brakes and pulled up all my windows. My mate got out and tried to kill it and it got into my car and there was another one on my roof killed it and when we came back to it it was gone?! Wtf this is no happening to me

Comment

where do you park you car?

huntsman naturally live in trees - they are called "aboreal" creatures, they hide in the bark (they have very flat bodies) and catch the many insects that also inhabit trees..

maybe have a look at where you car is parked for extended periods? huntsman can fall out of trees onto your car... alternativley, they tend to seek shelter in harsh weather, so will seek out comfortable palces liek house eves and cars (and woodpiles etc...)

and don't forget - they are almost 100% harmless to humans!
              ... retired/

Comment

Hahaha you simply cannot win

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RR View Post
                  So the worse just happened as i was going with a mate to the servo, i see one huntsman on my windscreen AGAIN slammed on the brakes and pulled up all my windows. My mate got out and tried to kill it and it got into my car and there was another one on my roof killed it and when we came back to it it was gone?! Wtf this is no happening to me
                  I thought my phobia was bad.. lol

I remember there being spider webs on my side mirrors, didn't open my windows until i had washed the car.

Comment

fuarrrrrk i had huntsmen spider chilling on my dashboard the other morning...
                    it was as big as regular size wallet
                    yeah it was pretty scary!

i had to react quickly so i grab my water bottle and i knew i only had 1chance to hit it
                    if i was to miss, God help me
                    i would have to burn the car!
                    i got it, couple of legs went flying and white gooey stuff splatter on my dashboard lol

so thats the second time i had huntsmen in my car
                    i think im ready to sell my car now lol

Comment

Yeah almost got into an accident, i hope they didn't lay eggs in my car cause i've had 3 huntsman within a week..

Comment

Working...
                      X