CITR Gym Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't mean to double post but

Correct me if my comments are wrong, who knows I might learn something new! Cheers.
    > http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...894#post254894

Comment

Doubling the carb content is not the correct method as you have no actual measurement. Work out your maintenance calories and breakdown into carbs, fat and protein percentages. Look the percentages online.. Then slowly add your calories. I recommend an additional 500-600 calories first to see how. Keep in mind you will gain fat the same time if you intend to go on a "bulk phase"

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
        Doubling the carb content is not the correct method as you have no actual measurement. Work out your maintenance calories and breakdown into carbs, fat and protein percentages. Look the percentages online.. Then slowly add your calories. I recommend an additional 500-600 calories first to see how. Keep in mind you will gain fat the same time if you intend to go on a "bulk phase"
        well said Norm.
        I've never been into gymming, but a word of caution is to read up carefully about the protein your taking, they are sometimes loaded with mainly carbs.
        Try not to overload on carbs vs exercise, and more importantly use the correct techniques when lifting (seen too many ruined joints in young guys from misuse)

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

I looked into the bulk nutrients and its honestly not that much cheaper even in comparison to ON whey that you listed Felix.

Like Prash I pay the premium for ON. Not only does the double rich chocolate taste ok, it also mixes pretty damn good!

I buy mine from an ebay store located up in qld. I pay $155 for the 10 pound bag, and I get a free shaker, shirt, 150g of creatine, free samples, free delivery, and I think a free magazine too?

So for the same dollar amount compared to supplement warehouse, I get all these free extras and paying for it is a cinch using the ebay app with paypal!

Besides using protein as a supplement to your diet, I highly recommend creatine, its cheap and is IMO the best supplement to aid myself at the gym. Stamina, endurance, recovery are the benefits I get from it. I currently use the bodybuilding.com "in-house" brand BTW.

A mistake that I got into on my 2 week holiday break was training harder than usual, hitting my macros on point, but LACK of sleep. This caused me getting sick again and I am now in my 3rd week out of regular training. I went back to the gym this week but its going to be a slow few weeks to get my body back into it! so.... make sure you get your rest too!
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
            well said Norm.
            I've never been into gymming, but a word of caution is to read up carefully about the protein your taking, they are sometimes loaded with mainly carbs.
            Try not to overload on carbs vs exercise, and more importantly use the correct techniques when lifting (seen too many ruined joints in young guys from misuse)
            THIS!

technique/form OVER weight every single time. Not only will you build that particular muscle better, you'll avoid injury (moreso) like Preet mentioned. Also dont try to go too fast racing up the weight too, slow and steady to avoid injury means that 1-2 weeks that you sit out on the side lines can be eliminated!
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

I'm all for savings, +1 BN!

It's significantly cheaper. I paid $200 for 10kg delivered. That vs. $155 for 4.5kg of ON, paying a lot for fancy flavours IMO

Comment

Penut ur so big bro

Comment

Haha not as big as you, mr. 95kg

Comment

Serious question - how do scrawny guys gain weight?

I've been stick thin all my life - I lose weight very very easily, gain weight really really hard.

If I eat too much.. I get stuffed.. and I cant eat anything for like a day.

My dad is stick thin - he tells me he was skinnier than me now at my age.

Ive tried working out a bit before - didn't really get into it. I wasn't gaining any weight - maybe some muscle but was still the same weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kin View Post

I've been stick thin all my life - I lose weight very very easily, gain weight really really hard.

Ive tried working out a bit before - didn't really get into it. I wasn't gaining any weight - maybe some muscle but was still the same weight.
                      So in lamen terms, many would use the category for you as "hard gainer". Don't mind me asking your age? And also roughly what type of meals do you eat on a day to day basis? There is always an equation to maintenance calories, calories eaten and calories used. For you to remain skinny or lose weight quite easily means,

Calories eaten is less than your body's maintenance calories hence why you are losing weight. Its a pretty simple equation.

Maintenance calories = Calories eaten + Calories used

Calories eaten = Food
                      Calories used = Natural metabolism and also through daily activities and exercise.

In essence, you've just got to consume more calories to gain weight. Pretty simple. If you get stuffed, perhaps increasing your frequencies and dropping your portion sizes. What you eat is also very important. You can't gain weight by eaten just protein and fibrous carbohydrates (vegies). You need a degree of fat and carbs in the balance too.

Comment

Just eat.
                        To be honest im not big on all this count calories, protein and fat intake. Eat alot and eat healthy
                        If your skinny and struggle to put on weight. Train hard and eat good protien and carbs at every meal. And eat alot. You'll soon know if your eating to much or not enough!

Yesterday i ate.
                        Breakfast - 1 cup of oats with half a cup of trail mix with skim milk and a Casin protein shake.
                        1st break - 2 low fat yoget, 5 wheat crackes with Vegimite
                        Lunch - 2 beast fillits with 1 cup of rice
                        Home from work - Yoget and a couple of crackers
                        after training - Protien shake
                        Dinner - T Bone large serving of veg and 2 cups of pasta.

I weigh 71Kg around 8% body fat at around 176 cm.
                        Last edited by Karl; 15-01-14, 02:53 PM.
                        sigpic
                        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

I'm 29.

A typical day would be:

Breakfast around 9am when I get to work = a coffee and two pieces of raisin toast/or banana bread etc

All in all - I do eat a lot of junk.. cos I can.. I eat whatever and will never put on anything. But I don't eat a lot.. id think just like the average person..

I once tried eating a whole large bbq chicken for lunch.. took forever.. and I couldn't eat anything for nearly 2 days after...

I never exercise. I wake up.. drive to work, walk down a flight of stairs.. get in the lift. sit in the office from 9 -5.. walk a tiny bit to get lunch, drive home/drive to ct and drink/eat. then sleep.

Lunch: just a takeaway lunch. Your standard chinese meal. Takeaway box of noodles/rice.. usually chicken

Dinner: I eat the most then.. but its always outside rubbish. Ramen and a salad, Korean bbq etc.. sometimes eat two mains.

Comment

How do I increase my appetite? If I try to eat a lot.. I end up eating less for days after which is counter productive

Comment

I'm 29.

A typical day would be:

Breakfast around 9am when I get to work = a coffee and two pieces of raisin toast/or banana bread etc

All in all - I do eat a lot of junk.. cos I can.. I eat whatever and will never put on anything. But I don't eat a lot.. id think just like the average person..

I once tried eating a whole large bbq chicken for lunch.. took forever.. and I couldn't eat anything for nearly 2 days after...

I never exercise. I wake up.. drive to work, walk down a flight of stairs.. get in the lift. sit in the office from 9 -5.. walk a tiny bit to get lunch, drive home/drive to ct and drink/eat. then sleep.

Lunch: just a takeaway lunch. Your standard chinese meal. Takeaway box of noodles/rice.. usually chicken

Dinner: I eat the most then.. but its always outside rubbish. Ramen and a salad, Korean bbq etc.. sometimes eat two mains.
                              How tall are you, And what you weigh?
                              You find if you eat healthy and eat often good amounts you will gain weight and muscle if you work out!
                              Eating constant crap in some poeple will cause weight loss. Think of the atkins diet
                              sigpic
                              128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

180cm and 66kg O.o

Comment

Working...
                                X