Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transferring Cars Interstate

Hi guys.

Transferring a car interstate seems like a pretty daunting task, and something that I will be doing in a couple weeks time.

Thought this would be a good place for being to share some tips/tricks as well as some experiences.

Post away!

Well depending where you transfer it to.... All you really need is:

Road Worthy Certificate
    Proof of Purchase

But in the case where it is your car you are going to get re-registered in another state it might only just be:

Road Worthy Certificate

Also* do not cancel your current plates as they will be surrendered later on to which ever state you are registering the car to and you get some money back off the remaining rego.
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Transferring Cars Interstate

It's pretty straight forward mate, it's been a while since I've done it but if your bringing a car into nsw, you just need the usual stuff like it's current rego and a receipt and then go get a blue slip, which is just a more detailed version of a pink slip, not all mechanics do blues, so find out a couple who do them, and go have a talk to them first, run by them the mods your new car has and see what there take is, some may be more easy going on loud exhausts and modified sussy and shit,
      After you get that done, take all ya paperwork to the Rta, pay your fees and stamp duty, feel sore in the asshole area from the raping you just received,and drive on.
      02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

also keep in mind you can only get 1 year rego when transferring not 6 months. just another way for them to rip us off more then they already do!

Comment

Originally posted by eLtrix View Post

Also* do not cancel your current plates as they will be surrendered later on to which ever state you are registering the car to and you get some money back off the remaining rego.
          There's only a few weeks rego left on it after I get it, so I think I'll just get rid of the plates.

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
          feel sore in the asshole area from the raping you just received,and drive on.
          I haven't paid a cent yet, and im already pretty butthurt.

Comment

now for a trickier question.

Being a green P plater here in NSW, I am speed limited to 100km/h.

Would the same rules apply whilst I am in VIC, or do i need to adhere to their p plate laws?

Comment

Where ever you are, those are the rules that apply to you.
              Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by shaunKElaser View Post
                Being a green P plater here in NSW, I am speed limited to 100km/h.

Would the same rules apply whilst I am in VIC, or do i need to adhere to their p plate laws?
                AFAIK You'll still be stuck with the 100km/h speed limit on your NSW Green P's wherever you go, just like how QLD P platers are allowed to go whatever the speed limit is on the highway (110km/h), unless this is not the case..

Comment

Working...
                X