Gun Vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun Vid

I went back to my second home in Cali a few months back and brought my little cuz from Sydney for a quick holiday. I'm a gun nut and have purchased a few guns recently so decided to pull them out to break in and throw some lead down range. Its my cousins first time shooting so he was pretty excited. I just slapped this vid together pretty quick so don't expect much. I will be making a few more gun vids in the outdoor ranges that we visited during our holidays soon.

Enjoy!

Here is part 2

Comment

What was the bolt action in Part 1? 7.62 round? Looked pretty big.

The stance of some of the people in Part 2 is shocking - hips forward and shoulders back?!

Comment

Gun Vid

Originally posted by Apu View Post
        What was the bolt action in Part 1? 7.62 round? Looked pretty big.

The stance of some of the people in Part 2 is shocking - hips forward and shoulders back?!
        It's a Mosin Nagant. It takes a 7.62x54 round. Awesome rifle for the money. They are around $100. We also have a 30-06 thats in the second vid that takes an even bigger round.

Half of the shooters in the second vid were either first time shooters or had minimal experience.

Comment

Wow...old school Eastern Bloc weaponry! OK if you are built like the proverbial brick house, haha! The recoil is something else!

I was M16 / AR15 trained and the biggest gun I've handled is the trusty old FN GPMG. That would rattle my fillings out as I only weighed 60kg max at the time.

I do miss shooting, and had to satisfy myself with an air rifle, and then a .22 during a holiday in New Zealand a couple of years ago

Comment

Gun Vid

I'm in the middle of building my AR at the mo. Got the lower, upper and stock sorted, just need the trigger assembly and accessories.

Out of all the guns in the vids the .22 handgun and rifle got the most action. It's so easy to shoot and its so accurate. I actually love shooting the .22 It's so much fun!

Comment

.22 are good fun for close range. Great for practicing breathing, and easy to use for a first timer.

You building a 5.56 AR? They're so easy to handle compared to 7.62s...unfortunately why they are also popular with some crazies that run around.

Comment

Gun Vid

Yup a 5.56 you can shoot it all day and not have to worry about shoulder surgery in the near future.
                I thought I would stop buying guns after my Glock19 but after watching "Act of Valour" I had to get an AR 15. Now I can't stop! It's way worse for me than getting into cars.

Comment

Right! AR15! I thought you were just building an assault rifle when you said AR.

Build a carbine! Less accurate over distance, but hey...if you're shooting targets within 100m, that's more than good enough. I'm 176cm tall and I found the carbine much more comfortable. And I'd use a 20 round mag.

At 300m, sure, the full sized weapon is still accurate but unless you're using a scope, it's no fun.

Comment

Gun Vid

I got a 16 inch barrel on my AR15 and either going with a Red dot or Eotec holographic sight ($$$$) so it will be used for short range. I can only use 10 round mags because of the no high cap magazine laws in Cali (There are ways around this). Mags are selling for $100 now instead of $20 because of Obama.

We have the 30-06 and the Mosin for long range.

Comment

Go for red dot...but with such a short barrel, save your money and just use the iron sights!

With such a short range weapon, practice hip firing - that will help with reflex shooting. If you haven't done it, you'll find you tend to shoot high. And practice target acquisition with both eyes open, closing one eye only when aiming.

Sorry for the egg sucking lesson if you're already doing this, but the few guys I know that go to shooting ranges tend to shoot static targets only (and that was what I saw in your. Obviously that's fine for longer range small arms, but with a compact, you could have fun with assault courses.

Comment

so jelly right now lol

Comment

Join a gun club? Haha!

I've been thinking of doing so but my son is still a few years out. Not sure how much range shooting I can handle...but my eyesight is getting bad - rapid focusing had deteriorated...old age!

Comment

Gun Vid

I'm thinking about getting my gun license eh. My bro in law has a few nice rifles I wouldn't mind shooting
                            Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
                            http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Gun Vid

I would love to do some tactical courses when I can find some time and money. The only thing I have shot off the hip was a shotgun. I'll try bump firing off the hip with the AR 15 next time.

To get your license here is a pain in the ass and to buy your first gun I hear that it will take a minimum of 6 months. You need to be part of a gun club and shoot there at least 4 times a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X