Death of ClubRSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death of ClubRSX

Hey I'm all for the birth of ClubITR but it's a real shame that you guys had to leave ClubRSX in a negative light.

ClubRSX has been the home for the Aus. specific community, as well as lurkers and also people from the USA too. IE: Putting Australia on the international map.

It was a great forum in comparisson to many out there. I enjoyed visiting ClubRSX.

I think it's a shame in some ways that the Americans are now thinking of shutting down the Aus. section, shame for people who liked hanging out at ClubRSX, shame for those who liked the Americans hanging out in there too, shame for the negative vibes they might feel towards Australian Honda Type-R owners, shame that if they shut it down because of these events, then basically people will be FORCED to come to this forum.

I know that if a moderator on JDM Style Tuning was to start another site and then put a sticky up on JDMST to say "hey everyone stuff this joint let's all go over here", then I'd be a little upset. Then to go on to that new forum and read all the people say stuff like "this new site is so much better than JDMST" etc, would rub it in a little harder.

The way I see it, ClubRSX is dead, but leaving it wasn't my choice at all. I think they supported the Aus. community for so many years, they deserve a pat on the back, and a sincere thanks for giving us/you a place to communicate and form an Aus. specific community.

They're obviously upset about a few things if they've taken your moderator powers away. I urge everyone who loved the old ClubRSX to acknowledge that it was nice of them to share their space with us for all those years, leaving them on a negative note is not cool at all.

You get far in life by being friernds with people. It would be awful if the international ClubRSX community looked at ClubITR in a negative light. Is there any way we can start a thread over there to perhaps say thanks for the good old times, and apologise for the way things have gone, and basically... "be friends?".
    www.jdmstyletuning.com

great little post. if you just start a thread in the main forum, it will probably get noticed.
    T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

yeh its true everything you said.. its going to be missed.. but at the end of the day.. we dont even populate 10% of the entire forum.

death of clubrsx.. life of clubitr
      g
      [ BBU66Z ]
      g
      Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

Originally posted by justinfox
        Hey I'm all for the birth of ClubITR but it's a real shame that you guys had to leave ClubRSX in a negative light.

ClubRSX has been the home for the Aus. specific community, as well as lurkers and also people from the USA too. IE: Putting Australia on the international map.

It was a great forum in comparisson to many out there. I enjoyed visiting ClubRSX.

I think it's a shame in some ways that the Americans are now thinking of shutting down the Aus. section, shame for people who liked hanging out at ClubRSX, shame for those who liked the Americans hanging out in there too, shame for the negative vibes they might feel towards Australian Honda Type-R owners, shame that if they shut it down because of these events, then basically people will be FORCED to come to this forum.

I know that if a moderator on JDM Style Tuning was to start another site and then put a sticky up on JDMST to say "hey everyone stuff this joint let's all go over here", then I'd be a little upset. Then to go on to that new forum and read all the people say stuff like "this new site is so much better than JDMST" etc, would rub it in a little harder.

The way I see it, ClubRSX is dead, but leaving it wasn't my choice at all. I think they supported the Aus. community for so many years, they deserve a pat on the back, and a sincere thanks for giving us/you a place to communicate and form an Aus. specific community.

They're obviously upset about a few things if they've taken your moderator powers away. I urge everyone who loved the old ClubRSX to acknowledge that it was nice of them to share their space with us for all those years, leaving them on a negative note is not cool at all.

You get far in life by being friernds with people. It would be awful if the international ClubRSX community looked at ClubITR in a negative light. Is there any way we can start a thread over there to perhaps say thanks for the good old times, and apologise for the way things have gone, and basically... "be friends?".
        sadly, if we raised it with them before the move, it would have been worse for us... dont ask why, it just would have been...

that is why it was subterfuge...

i took the hit, it was all on me, i am the one who looks bad - i am the "pied piper"

not Australia or the members...

and JF - if you dont know the history of broken promises from ClubRSX admin, so dont try to guess too much...

and re: moderator priviliges:
        you should not taking being de-modded as anything other than us recognizing you can't be everywhere at the same time

jonbubz - Aust members accounted for approx 0.64% of the entire ClubRSX forum...
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by justinfox
          To be honest I was a little shocked to see the "forums move" thread on CRSX. I would have liked to remain a part of the CRSX community also, and due mostly to that thread I now have no moderator privileges there.

I too don't want to shun CRSX. I have sent an email to Deirdra and hopefully they do realise how much we appreciate everything ClubRSX did for us.

However hopefully they find some new moderators and keep the Australian section alive. It would be very sad to see it go...
          | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

it is sad though, kinda feels alittle wrong but i do agree that it is "necessary" for the ongoing improvemtns of the aussie community

Comment

Although i never contributed much in the clubrsx forums, i enjoyed visiting it, it was a nice little community for 0.64%

But lets just embrace the fact that this is new beginnings. I'm sure everyone in this place will make it feel homely again in due time. Leave the past to past and look toward the future.

Comment

agree with everything you said, justin. i think this was a good move though, i never felt a real sense of belonging to clubrsx as i will to clubITR, purely because of the name - that may be a little blindsighted/narrowminded, call it what you will.

i did however visit many of the other sections of clubrsx and will continue to. it's a great resource of knowledge and experience.

it would have been nice to have both forums running but in my opinion, in reality, i don't think there was any chance both could survive successfully. the australian forum of clubrsx was bound to die a slow and silent death. and it is a shame, but that's life.
                almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

it is risky living between worlds, one foot in the past, one foot in the future...

you never end up going anywhere...

sorry if anyone disagrees with my ATTN: forum move thread,

but IMO that really was the most effective way to ensure the success of this forum, which after all is the point of all this,

the point was NOT to piss ClubRSX off, it was to put ourselves in a position where we did not have to rely on external powers that really only were in it to run their shop to sell their parts...

and with no commercial interest in this forum, it is: "by the people, for the people"
                  ... retired/

Comment

i agree with tinkerbell and yes am thankful for his acceptance of his role as "sacraficial lamb"

A forum like clubrsx can't constantly prune everything over 90 days old and expect people who contribute to be happy about it.

I would have been happy to stay there had they fixed that issue.. this site never would have been concieved if that problem was resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2
                      I would have been happy to stay there had they fixed that issue..
                      exactly, and to provide you guys with a bit more background,

there was a agreement reached a few years ago with the owner of the site for him NOT to prune the Australia forum, but that seems to have been forgotten and/or supersceded by moves to protect their server (or prevent them from having to buy a new one)...
                      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell
                        exactly, and to provide you guys with a bit more background,

there was a agreement reached a few years ago with the owner of the site for him NOT to prune the Australia forum, but that seems to have been forgotten and/or supersceded by moves to protect their server (or prevent them from having to buy a new one)...
                        I wasn't actually aware of that 'agreement'...! Interesting!!

Anyway, I do agree with you Dave, I am all for having a place we can more call "ours". Besides we don't even have RSX's here anyway, LOL.
                        | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

These forums are so similar it feels like im surfing clubrsx anyways haha
                          Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #008

Comment

definitely some good points being made there... clubrsx has been a good home for the past year or so... made quite a number of friends there... but personally i aint too attach with clubrsx...this maybe due to a few reason...and friendship is one of them... personally havent made any friends with the yankie doodles cept for DOHCtor... but yeah... i believe none of us would ever forget about the things that clubrsx have done for us and provided us... but right now all we can do is look ahead and make clubITR a good home for everyone...
                            http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

mm..i really enjoyed clubRSX, definitely 1 of the best forums out there. but often thought seperating the aus section from crsx and creating our own would have several advantages..so i look forwards to continuing in the same spirit and hope this forum is as good as the old1 (or hopefully even better!).
                              "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Working...
                              X