Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do ?

Here's the situation.

My Sister and Her Bf are visiting from overseas, and they need a car to use. Now my car sits in the garage 95% of the time rarely driven and highly cherished.

If I do take it out I try to be as careful about everything as possible. I just have so much money in the car and so many hours spent modifying the thing that I would hate to see something happen to it.

So my sister has come over and demands to use the car while she is here for 3 weeks, I expect my mom to back me up on not giving it to her but during a heated argument she turns around and says so why not give it to her ??

So anyways would you guys lend your car out to be driven by your sister and her bf ?

Some Facts
    Her BF let me use his apt for 2 months
    There both 23.

Oh and heres a pic for reference

Btw money isn't the issue here, its all about the car
    Give it to her and him to use
    12.50%
    Hell no
    87.50%
    Last edited by kavehman; 15-12-06, 09:59 AM.
    /Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

I guess so?
    but if you cherish your car that much you could help her out and rent a hire car at about $40 day?

Comment

You know i suggested the hire car, saying i would pay for it. but they argued against that for some reason.

damn women
      /Oo ___H___ oO\
      |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Argued against a hire car even if you paid??!! crazy!

Does the bf know what car it is? could be he wants to drive it.

Personally I wouldn't, just my opinion. It's that attachment that some people just don't understand. Plus the constant stress of wondering where it is and what's happening too it. Your sister shouldn't ask it of you if she know's how it would make you feel. I wouldn't want my close relative stressing 24/7 when I'm out with their car.

I say go for the rental and tell her to stop winging! Ain't nothing wrong with a FREE rental car!! gezz.

Since the bf let you use the appartment you could always offer to take him for a ride or two in it lol :P but i'm just a hard ass.
        I did a bad bad thing.....

Comment

When u used his apartment...did u have to pay for it?
          If u didnt pay for it then...u owe him something.....depends what u wanna give in return back.....
          Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

sister maybe,

sisters bf no

Comment

No to either...

Comment

yeah i had to pay for his apt.

ehh and thank god its peak season a rental is 1000 for 3 weeks.

maybe i should buy a 2nd car.
                /Oo ___H___ oO\
                |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

shit if you had to rent his apartment then maybe you should tell them to just rent a friggen car.
                  store your car at my place and say you sold it
                  happyhong says:
                  aus only have 3 r
                  happyhong says:
                  civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

when you are so attached to the car as you are, *and trust me i know i have gone down that path along with many others as well* you are better off with a daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
                      You know i suggested the hire car, saying i would pay for it. but they argued against that for some reason.

damn women
                      This was going to be my exact suggestion...

and to answer your question...no
                      Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

Dang, he made you rent it! That would be a hell no!! I think he just want to drive it without you there!!! Don't let em!!!

Actually is the bf into cars? If not, they a double hell no! If he is, then possibly, if you think he thinks the same about his car!?

Comment

i'd set some ground rules....

1) no parking at shopping centres or the like
                          2) no peak hour driving
                          3) no racing

i have let a few people drive my car, but that was when i was passenger. i have let my brother drive my car while i wasn't there, but his GF was passenger (there would have been a yell and hit if he drove fast )

it also depends if you like the BF and sister, and if you wanna start some shit fight that is going to last for a few years...

Comment

When are they coming? drive your car to a mate's place and leave it there and buy a $500 daily for them to drive around bwahahahahhhaha

Comment

i guess, since it is your sister you should let her but lay down some rules...but the BF.....FARK that

Comment

Working...
                              X