Video Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Thread

Hi guys. Recently as some of you might know I have bought a Motorsport edition GoPro2 HD. I've been playing around with it mounting it on cars etc and also using it at the gym to compile a proper video. I thought I share my experiences and thoughts on the whole editing process as currently I am still a new user to the world of video editing.

Here is the first video I finished compiling last night of my passion for training and fitness. I am the one in a grey top, and friend is in the black top. With simple editing and transition effects using the Imovie software on MAC (No offence but I really don't want to buy a mac, only using girlfriends at the moment)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZPw1nDDMDY

Further down the track hopefully I will be doing more videos of motor sports and doing coverage of JDMWA meets.

Imovie
    • Great for first time users
    • Its robust and fast. Very rarely crashes unless alot of background software is running.
    • It gives a very good high quality preview with the simple tap of a space bar.
    • Simple trimming, video and audio functions available.
    • Easy effects located below the preview screen on the right for entering lettering and doing transition effects from frame to frame.
    • Limited audio editing functions
    • Has to import videos to library before it can be edited (Takes some time)
    • Very quick export movie function.
    • MP4 format from GoPro2 HD can be played straight away on MAC and edited through Imovie without any format conversion.
    • I believe it exports to a .mov format.

I have tried to use Cyberlink PowerDirector 10, however the quality it exports is poor and the audio is distorted. It might just mean I need more time with the power director. I am still in search to find a good editing software for PC. Any info would be great. Keen on making more videos for the WA side in times to come!

Norm
    Last edited by Norm; 01-02-12, 09:23 AM.

Looks nice and fluent mate.

There are lots of good video editing softwares out there, but it really depends on how much you want to spend. Such as Adobe Premier which is about $800US

Comment

I use Sony Vegas pro. I find it pretty easy to use. Have never used I movie but I hear that it's really user friendly just like every other apple product

Comment

Since you guys use those software. Mind listing like the pros and cons from your perspective? Also got a small video from it? I'm happy to get a high quality software but I want to make sure it meets my needs in the future.

I want to be able to edit and produce something to this scale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpx4YqMkrfc

Comment

Pm sent, I hope the Link works. If it does, it will only be up for a few minutes

Comment

Link works fine. Great creativity. Cheers for sharing!

Norm

Comment

Sorry for the miscommunication, I don't actually use the software myself. I am just aware of its existence

Comment

Hi guys!

Cars For Hope is looking for some videographers to shoot an automotive video in August this year in Sydney. So we'd thought we'd extend this opportunity to the aspiring videographers on here. We pride ourselves on bringing the highest quality material for our website so if you think you are right for the job PM me on here or send an email to albert[at]carsforhope.com of samples of your work or for more details.

This video will be published on our website and across all of our social networking sites.

Speak soon?

- Berty
                Last edited by Berty; 25-02-12, 09:38 AM.
                Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Comment

Working...
                X