z10 says:
    i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
    z10 says:
    mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman View Post
      you'll be more surprise when someone uses manny's pic as wallpaper
      wots wrong wit that?

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
      Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
        wots wrong wit that?

z10 says:
        i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
        z10 says:
        mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

I'm using a photo that Tony took as my wallpaper

Comment

Originally posted by kookie View Post
            what winamp skin are you using?
            And whats that side dock called? please don't tell me you need litestep or something like that.
            Desktop looks clean.
            winamp skin in invicta in its compact form

the menu is object dock (the free version)

i didnt like the other version they had.
            T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

If anyone is thinking of buying a dell.. you make sure they have fixed the banding issue.. in the a02 model..

It is such and issue.. im actually getting the BENQ 24" unless Dell can confirm it is fixed..
              Team AMS

Comment

Originally posted by JSL View Post
                If anyone is thinking of buying a dell.. you make sure they have fixed the banding issue.. in the a02 model..

It is such and issue.. im actually getting the BENQ 24" unless Dell can confirm it is fixed..
                It isn't an issue really for me. Apparently the issue isn't at all apparent in "desktop" mode which is the only one I use it for anyway. I'm using the DVI connector if that is any help. I think I have Rev A01 but am not too sure. Either way, I have never seen banding appear.
                | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by JSL View Post

This problem is fixed with the A03, although dell officially only note a language change in this revision. I've heard that they have already started sending A03 units out. I just emailed dell and told them about the problems that i am having with my monitor. most of the time, people wont even notice the banding in the monitors and are just hyped up over the shit that others have written on the interweb.

- backlight bleed around the size of a 20c piece in the top right corner
                  - stupidly uneven backlight or something which has made the right side of the screen lighter/more dull than the rest. Very uneven colour saturation. I can have the screen filled with one colour, and its like a gradient or something as it goes to the right hand side of the screen
                  - screen flicker on the bottom right hand side of the screen.

Hopefully they get back to me soon. I've requested to have mine exchanged for an A03 unit.
                  T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/index.php?sort=date

102 pages of 1920x1200 goodness
                    T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Originally posted by MrThanh View Post
                      This problem is fixed with the A03, although dell officially only note a language change in this revision. I've heard that they have already started sending A03 units out. I just emailed dell and told them about the problems that i am having with my monitor. most of the time, people wont even notice the banding in the monitors and are just hyped up over the shit that others have written on the interweb.

- backlight bleed around the size of a 20c piece in the top right corner
                      - stupidly uneven backlight or something which has made the right side of the screen lighter/more dull than the rest. Very uneven colour saturation. I can have the screen filled with one colour, and its like a gradient or something as it goes to the right hand side of the screen
                      - screen flicker on the bottom right hand side of the screen.

Hopefully they get back to me soon. I've requested to have mine exchanged for an A03 unit.
                      Yea i dont really believe the hype also until.. i tried this on overclockers on all the Dell 24" at work

same result as these in multimedia mode..

Team AMS

Comment

that's pretty shocking. mine is nowhere near that bad when running banding tests.. although it is evident. For most users though, it wont be a problem, unless all you do with your monitor is stare at gradients all day.

Anyways, I got a reply from the dell techs. They've said that my monitor has hardware defects and I should return it under warranty. Going to give them a call tomorrow.
                        T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Originally posted by MrThanh View Post
                          that's pretty shocking. mine is nowhere near that bad when running banding tests.. although it is evident. For most users though, it wont be a problem, unless all you do with your monitor is stare at gradients all day.

Anyways, I got a reply from the dell techs. They've said that my monitor has hardware defects and I should return it under warranty. Going to give them a call tomorrow.
                          Let me know if you have problems.. I have a few contacts in there.. and might be able to sort you out.. and push it internally..
                          Team AMS

Comment

You have friends in india? LOL

Comment

thanks james. I called dell today, and they will be sending a new unit out for me to swap on monday

pretty good. i thought i would have to wait for them to take my monitor away, have a poke around with it and give me a new monitor if they thought the warranty claim was valid, but it's just a straight swap without them even looking at mine now =]
                              T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

wow.. how can i test my monitor like that?
                                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
                                X