Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25killerwasps.com

Hey guys,

As some of you may know, I recently parted out my Accord Euro.
    While I was selling my stuff, I came across a few problems with selling car parts online.

Ebay is very expensive and isn't optimised for browsing car parts. Firesport is full of scammers and isn't easy to browse for parts. Ozhonda doesn't get the exposure of firesport, not to mention membership is required to post an ad.

So with all these frustrations in mind, my friend and I decided to develop a used car parts website for all us enthusiasts to buy, sell and trade car parts.

We made this website in a couple of hours, and right now it is strictly bare bones, but we wanted to get it out there as soon as possible. We want your feedback, so please don't hold back.

www.25killerwasps.com

This is our current desired feature list:

For buyers:
    - Search parts by parts manufacturer
    - Search parts by car manufacturer
    - Feedback and rating system for sellers
    - Subscribe to email notifications when relevant parts are up for sale eg. '17" work cr kai'

For Sellers:
    - Real-time statistics of how many times ad has shown up in search results and detailed ad views.
    - Feedback and rating system for buyers
    - Proper image uploading
    - Select manufacturer suitable for part, eg Honda, Nissan, Generic

Please help us add to this list by listing ads and trying out the website. It's free so go nuts!

This is an excellent idea. Firesport just doesn't have admin support behind it. Hope it takes off! I know I'll be checking in often.

Comment

Originally posted by Symphorced View Post
      This is an excellent idea. Firesport just doesn't have admin support behind it. Hope it takes off! I know I'll be checking in often.
      Thanks man!

All we need is people to play around and suggest ways to improve the site.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask me

Comment

Originally posted by npcan2 View Post
        Ebay is very expensive and isn't optimised for browsing car parts.

Firesport is full of scammers and isn't easy to browse for parts.

Ozhonda doesn't get the exposure of firesport, not to mention membership is required to post an ad.

So with all these frustrations in mind, my friend and I decided to develop a used car parts website for all us enthusiasts to buy, sell and trade car parts.
        so how do you prevent scammers and expensive products?

CLUBITR members - treat this site with CAUTION until OP provides more information on how they will prevent fraud or scammers (it might just be an easy way to obtain your email address for spam?)

(or buy my Apexi N1 exhaust i just listed!)
        ... retired/

Comment

It's a very valid point you bring up.

Firstly, a rating system for users is currently under development, much like the rating system on eBay. This will help users make an informed decisions on who may or may no be dodgy.

Secondly, Will (co-creator) and I are looking at each individual post atm and making a decision as to whether they are spam or not.

Ultimately the responsibility will fall on the users themselves. We want people to always be cautious when buying and selling. Common sense still apply.

Thanks for putting up the exhaust btw. Also, we've been having trouble with picture uploading, did you have any troubles?

Cheers

Comment

yeah, will have a pic by the weekend,

was just posting it to see the user process (which seemed fine from a identity perspective...)
            ... retired/

Comment

Working...
            X