• Time
  • Show
Clear All

F1 Using V6 engines in 2014.. thoughts?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sp...-1226080359819
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

I better make it to some F1 rounds live so I can hear the current V8s. I wonder what the new engines will sound like..
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

V12->v10->v8->v6

Soon we'll have electric cars in F1.

Comment

don't even like the current V8s. formula one should always be V10s or V12s.
        00-0138 ITR

Comment

Commodores..
          '08 Odyssey + '10 Mazda CX-7 (fs btw) + '10 Mazda 2
          wife made me sell the FN2R. bleh.

Comment

depressing

Comment

I wish honda will come back
              Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

they will when it comes down to the 1.6 litre 4 cylinders LOL, ferrari will suffer abit when that comes.

Comment

the world is becoming a 'greener' place

Comment

Honda will return!

Comment

Originally posted by khanguskhan View Post
                      they will when it comes down to the 1.6 litre 4 cylinders LOL, ferrari will suffer abit when that comes.
                      only last month i heard f1 is might be switching to 4 cyclinder turbo'd engines.

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                        I better make it to some F1 rounds live so I can hear the current V8s. I wonder what the new engines will sound like..
                        yeah this is what I am doing next year haha...

Originally posted by RedDC5_ View Post
                        only last month i heard f1 is might be switching to 4 cyclinder turbo'd engines.
                        originally they were going to go to 4cyl turbo engines for 2013 and limit them to 12000rpm. this got thrown out by the FIA and the teams - particularly berine ecclestone as the 'noise' from the the engines are what draws in the crowds so the rule was changed to 6cyl turbo engines for 2014 and limited to 15000rpm..

as long as they retain the note somewhat it should be fine - im interested to see the turbos come back into the sport like in the mid 80s lol - back then they were hitting over 1000bhp.. now they will be around 750bhp..

i wasnt old enough to hear the V12 engines - but i did hear the V10, the V8 3.5L and current 2.4L -- i wish they would go back go the V10s lol.. jizzz

Comment

I think it will be good. We need some changes, there is nothing wrong with bringing the engine cylinder size down. How many of us got to experience the mental 80's turbo engines screaming around with 50 pounds of boost? I certainly didn't, I can only hear them in some videos on YouTube faintly screaming down the straights.

The power will still be up there - theoretical calculations show around 700kw, plenty!

Comment

im a f1 nut, it would be a good idea for the "world" going to V6, but its the pinacle motor racing, highest pure breed. should be kept elite with minimum v10
                            1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                            1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                            2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                            F1 Nut

Comment

I reckon its a great idea, mix it up and learn how to build more advance V6 motors, the turbo 4 motors gave the world a great change with car production once it filtered down to the general publics car dealer ships.

One thing we must remember about F1 is that it changes the way cars are built, the tech and features that end up in the car sitting in your garage. Changing the rules on a regular basis makes teams thing out side the box and develop new things.
                              Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
                              http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Working...
                              X