Insurance Claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance Claim

So heres the story, someone scrape the front of my bumper a week ago and have agreed to pay for the damages, so went to get a quote from my insurance recommended smash repairer. Though before I can get it to be fixed, last night someone else scrape it again but it was a hit and run, though damage the area similar place to the current one. Now was wondering what to do in this case? tell smash repairer about it next week when i take it in to fix ? or what?. Smash repairer had already taken pictures of the damage prior to the damage last night of cos....

figure it shouldn't matter as they'd have to do about the same amount of work and respray the whole bar anyway?

Comment

Yeah i know hey ^^

But depending on how bad it is... I wouldnt say anything. Just be real nice to them when u greet them.
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Again depending on how obvious the new damage is.

Comment

The honest answer is to disclose.

The dodgy answer is to say nothing and hope the repairer assumes it was all done in the first hit

Comment

Double post
            Last edited by honda-lover; 11-06-11, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Double post.
              Last edited by honda-lover; 11-06-11, 07:40 PM.

Comment

not sure if the original poster has fixed this or not.

if the crash repairer already has photos of the 1st lot of damage it is best to tell them. Upon inspection of the 2nd lot of damage they may assess that there is no increase work over what would be done to repair the first job anyway.

eg if the 2nd damage is just scrapes but they'd have to respray the front bar from the 1st accident anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X