Brisbane - The home of sporty Type R drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisbane - The home of sporty Type R drivers

I was out tonight (Saturday) in my JDM DC2R (CW) on the streets of Brisbane. I was travelling along the motorway from the CBD towards the Gold Coast and came up beside a AUS DC2R (CW) not far from the CBD side of Mt Gravatt. I gave a wave just to say hi and kept going. I was travelling about 5 kph faster and started drifting ahead.The other car accelerated and came up beside me and indicated clearly to me that a show of strength might be fun. We were both doing about 15 knots (real speed is not readily available because of many reasons I can think of) when we both started accelerating. (We were in the fun gear in a DC2R at start of Vtec). We accelerated to about 20 to 25 knots (if you don't know what a knot is, don't worry, look it up). When I rechoned there wasn't anything more to prove, I backed off. The other driver zoomed past me and took the first exit (Logan Road just past the Mt Gravatt shopping centre).

Are you that other driver? Let me know. I'd like to get to know any Type R owner with a sporting spirit.

i am a sporting driving.... my brother just bought a EG... with full DC2r gear (engine,sussy, gearbox and brakes) should be fun when we try and out do each other. track days should become a little more common.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
      i am a sporting driving.... my brother just bought a EG... with full DC2r gear (engine,sussy, gearbox and brakes) should be fun when we try and out do each other. track days should become a little more common.
      I image anybody with a Honda is sporting in nature. That's what Hondas do to you. If we could get enough sporting Honda drivers from South East Queensland together, maybe we could have a Honda only track day. Would be fun.

Comment

ozhonda normally organise a honda only thing every once in a while.... i think we should try and organise a ITR one tho

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
          ozhonda normally organise a honda only thing every once in a while.... i think we should try and organise a ITR one tho
          Sounds good to me.

Comment

Yeh i think morgan park would be a lot of fun for a honda/ integra outing, bit of a drive but i have heard it is a hell of a lot of fun. Hopefully heading out there on wednesday for a look see.

I never get hondas trying to race me, cause most ppl with hondas know my car ahaha, i get a lot of turbo nissans racing me and finding out how sexy my tail lights look.....
            NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

no one races me... they just follow me on the twistes and try and keep up. i did race a turbo MX5 once tho.... that old dude had nothing

Comment

I am definitely not a sporty driver on the streets. There was a normal v6 commordore at the lights next to me last night. Edging me for a race, I just let him take off very fast and I just take off super slow as usual instead.
                I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

i'll race ya in my starlet life!!! hahah

PS. i sold my civic

Comment

Originally posted by genesis View Post
                    i'll race ya in my starlet life!!! hahah

PS. i sold my civic
                    Ok your starlet life vs my 96 3 door barina hahahahaha
                    NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment