Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another introduction

Guys and Girls of clubITR,

It's just after 3 am and i've got nothing else better to do, so I will introduce myself properly!

My name is Nathan, i'm currently a salesman working for Wow sight and Sound at the Annerley branch, i'm 20 years old and am the proud owner of a K20Z1 powered, 2005 Type S integra!

My first experience with a honda was about 2 years ago when I was selling what resembled a car (my old yaris) and wanted something sportier. A colleague of mine was selling his 03 luxury 5 speed manual, had coilovers, CAI, Type R wing, some sort of hideous body kit and some very scuffed... well... I think they were enkei's before he hit numerous gutters.

Point is, I was taken to a party in it and realised I wanted an integra.

Come February 2008 I found in Caloundra, a 2004 K20A2 I think it was, integra luxury in that burnt orange colour. Immaculate condition, 32xxx km's on it and 5spd semi-auto.

Was a fantastic car, pleasure to drive... But after 6 months, I realised I was missing something... Not the Yaris, god, deffinately not that, I was missing having a manual.

After looking for the whole time I owned the car (about another 12 months) I came across my current car which was up in cairns.

Dark metallic grey, type S integra, lacking only one thing that my other one had... FOG LIGHTS! (not that you can use them anymore). One small gash above the passenger door and a little oxidized patch on the rear lip. No other dents, marks or rust and even better 15,100 km's on the clock!

Even though it is my pride and joy I've still not taken pics of her yet. In the near future I will post some up with a shopping list of parts that i'm looking at purchasing, i'm open to discussion as to pro's, con's and prices of what I post and will go on people's advise who've been driving honda's a lot longer that me.

So over the next few years you will (hopefully) see this car converted from a p plate legal pocket rocket to something which is lots of arse and class

Look forward to plenty of cruises and catch ups, i'd just like to thank Karl (Type_S) for getting me onto this website/community!

Welcome Nathan!
    Blaze Orange

Comment

Nice story.. welcome Nathan!
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Hey Nathan welcome to the club
        hope you enjoy your stay (:

Comment

welcome dude. looking forward to your journey with your car
          bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Welcome guy! Enjoy the car.

Comment

Pix!!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by justinfox
              You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Hi Nathan, welcome and it was good to meet ya at our last meet.

Comment

How I want the car:
                  Leave the original dark grey metalic. Rims to be gloss black and lip kit to be as close to the same colour as the lip kit. No parts will be cheap and nasty, you get what you pay for... Too many time we've all seen someone get a "bargain" and it ends up costing more then they bargained for! That's not to say though that I wont shop round for the best price I can get things for, I am a salesman after all

Exterior:
                  Work CR KAI 18" (or similar design with a concave centre)
                  A small spacer just to push those wheels out a little, plus rolled guards
                  Chargespeed Kouki Bottom line lip kit.
                  Leaving OEM rear lip on... No type R wing for my car :P
                  Halo headlaps (depends on legality and insurance)

Interior:
                  Recaro Ergomed ES (with airbag) If they fit (all black leather of course)
                  Complete polk MM sound system including 6.5 inch splits, 3 ways, 2 x 12 inch subs, 2 x mono block amps, 1 x 4 chanel amp. Wattages to be determined, i've been quoted already but can't remember model codes sorry
                  Pioneer 7 inch touch screen
                  Push button starting system

Engine:
                  If it can be forged/strengthened... I will endeavour to get it done. I'm building this car for comfort, sound, reliability... and fun
                  New Pistons (don't know of brands that are good or bad)
                  New Valves (don't know of brands that are good or bad)
                  New Valve springs (don't know of brands that are good or bad)
                  New camshaft (have looked into Brian Crower a little bit)
                  New pulleys
                  CAI (currently a K and N short ram intake, but looking towards an AEM CAI)
                  ECU (looking into getting a hondata k-pro if possible)
                  Intake Manifold (everyone seems to talk about TODA, is that all that's available)
                  Larger injectors
                  Larger throttle body (if someone can tell me why/why not to get that, post it up)

Exhaust:
                  Extractors (haven't looked to many brands just yet)
                  Hi flow cat
                  Cat back exhaust (heard good things about the power getter, but also have seen one from HKS that sounds nice too)

Suspension:
                  Tie Rods
                  Coilovers (looked into Tien a little bit, but this is something I want to get right first time)

If you get bored and end up looking at the rims and lip kit i've chosen and you can picture it, I want the rear of the car to sit just on the rubber height of the tyre, and the front only marginally higher. I will not dump the rear, I want it to look straight and even, I just hope it's going to be of legal ride height)

Brakes:

Some form of slotted and drilled design though I will never really use them to their full potential (I hope)

In summary, I have no real intention of tracking this car. It's designed for something I can hit up the coast in, but also be able to drive long distance without feeling like too much of a sardine. Being 194 cm's tall, I will look for some sort of "low set" seat rails to help accomodate this too, cause I know i'm not the only relatively tall person to try squeeze into an integra.

I understand I may've left out some integra parts of the engine I wish to change, or things to do with the suspension. it's 12:30 am so please cut me some slack

I'm really looking forward to people helping out with this, I appreciate all input. People who own parts/brands of items i've described, prices, positives and negatives, what they wish they had bought and why etc etc, lay me out some options please.

There will be no expense spared on this car, it's all just a matter of time and saving money.

On a side note, this car I intend to be left all motor, though later on down the track I might bite the bullet and end up turbo-ing it, hence why I want so much strength in the engine/gearbox.

Comment

Sounds like you've thought this through and basically set it all out.

In regards to the exterior. If you want an idea of how the cr kais will look, have a look at lowie's build thread. Kit looks the goods although exactly which halo headlights are you referring to?

Interior wise, good idea getting a seat with an airbag. I've never personally heard of ergomed until you mentioned it. You might want to confirm with ADR if they are legal as it would be a waste if they are not.

Engine wise, I'll leave the majority of it to the experts but for extractors the general consensus on here is that toda is great. Exhaust wise, read up on clubrsx as there are claims that it loses power but i doubt those claims. There are a few members on here that are using it so ask around for some advice/experiences.

Coilovers choice is pretty vast. There were a set of ohlins for sale recently and they're one of the high end suspension brands. Tein's coilover sets will vary in price. I would recommend getting anything above their super street range as they won't be good if you're planning to lower to that extent as it affects the preload and will hamper your handling. And as for legal height, no idea about QLD laws but you can have a look at my build thread as my height is pretty much the one you're describing. I'll go have a measure, but in NSW the legal height used to be 10cm or higher but now I think you're not allowed to be a certain amount (don't remember but it's a small number) higher or lower than the stock height. You may want to get camber kits as well as at that height natural camber at the rear will be pretty bad. Again pics can be seen on my page.

Best of luck with the build. Start a build thread and share it with us!
                    DC5S

Comment

dark grey metallic and gloss black wheels wont look that great imo... I kidna had that thing going, and it looks chat, even with flush fitment. Jump onto clubrsx, there are many magnesium metallic (our colour code) threads on there where all they post up are pictures of people's cars that are dark grey. You can see the variety of different styles/colours of wheels, and how they sit on the DC5. Also i like how u sticking with the bootlid on the Type S, and not going for the Type R wing... i prefer the fat ass loook of how it looks currently, espeically when the car is dropped considerably. You should drop the rear, epseically being wingless.... I would take a foto of mine, but when i lok at it, it looks fat, on the iphone, it loses it's fatness. Also in regards to the intake manifold and looking for TODA, i think you mean the exhaust manifold/extractor/header.... TODA is number one there, and it is indeeed a staple mod if you are gonna change your exhaust system!

Also, is your car going to be a show car? You got a pretty extensive list of car audio parts going in... Remember one of the hidden talents of the DC5 is its massive bootspace, dont use it all up by chucking in those subs and what not. My sound system is totally stock, all I have is a aftermarket dvd player, and it dramatically changed the sound quality as the stock OEM unit is very underpowered. I actually cruised past a mate yesterday, and he thought I had a lil sub in the back.

Also in regards to getting a lil spacer..... thats cool and all, but since you are still looking for rims, why dont u just get perfect fitment rims the first time? Spacers are a mixed bag - Alot of people say their dangerous, other's have no drama's... If your going to run spacers, get H&R hub centri bolt-on ones.. These have their own studs, and ARE NOT slip-on spacers. I ran these for 6 months, and had no drama's at all! Having said that, i'll repeat myself and say GET RIMS THAT FIT FIRST TIME! Jump onto the Wheel Fitment thread in the technical section and have a good read.

In regards to your brake setup, I'm going to be arranging a group buy for CITR members; slotted rotors, braided brake lines, and pads.... Am going to be selling these items individually, or if youbuy the combo -it'll be cheaper, but still gotta set that one up!

WELCOME!
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

so it has been awhile since I posted...

Step 1. Get the best fluids and filters.

So I had just got my car and I knew it needed a service, I didn't care how much it was going to cost to do it, I just wanted it done with what the general consensus thought was best at the time.

Even though some things didn't need changing, I changed them anyway so I knew I was starting from scratch.

I changed the oem denso sparkies that were in there to ngk iridiums, set me back approx $25 each (after I bought them and installed them I found out a mate of mine's mum is the ngk rep... fml), running castrol edge sport 5w-30 I believe, change the oil filter to a K and N one and was just going to change the air filter to a K and N one too, but then I saw the short ram intake and chased up with my insurance company if it would void me in anyway, which it didn't, so for $100 more, I decided to get the whole setup.

New plugs, new oil, new filters and new intake... Just so I had something to start with, and it made a VERY noticable difference... oh yeah, and I only use BP ultimate, though quite a few people seem to be using shell's premium fuel which I've never had anything but problems with :S

I'm not entirely sure what I want to do next, i've been tossing up between lowering, or changing the whole "breathing" system, so extractors, hi flow cat and the rest of the exhaust, or just getting the coil overs on.

So for this part of the build (which is going to take some time with me getting moved between jobs, getting less money and having insurance coming up in june... $1700 through AAMI) I'm asking wwyd... what would you do?

Also, if I decide to do the lowering aspect first, apart from just coil overs, what else will I need to complete the job, tie rods etc. Parts, brands, prices and where to purchase are most appreciated... Take this as "if I could've bought them, I would've bought ......, with......".

No, i'm not trying to build a social dream car, some people will like this, some people will loathe this, just remember i'm trying to go on averages of what seems to be the best (or top 5 sort of thing) regardless of budget.

In turn, I give you pictures... this is just after I clay barred it about 4 days ago, too bad it isn't showing its real shimmer... and please ignore the P plates

hope the pics work, i've never uploaded before

Comment

they didn't work and i'm too tired to figure out how to upload, will get round to it on tuesday (day off :P )

Comment

Try those .

Welcome! And if you want my crappy opinion on what to do; track it. If you find you like the track thing then it will affect the direction you want to mod the car in. Otherwise I vote coilovers .

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Working...
                              X