Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all!

Hey guys,

I thought I would introduce myself since I joined this forum a while ago but never really got around to reading it until now...you might even say that I was inspired by the huge clubitr turn out at Winton on 28/09!!

Well no, I don't have a ITR, rather a s2k...I got it back in March 2006 with the intention of hard parking for the rest of my life

Things changed after I started going on a few local cruises through the spurs etc...

One thing led to another and I ended up going to my first track day which was an open session at Calder Park on valentines day at the start of 2007. I think that valentines day I had met my true , the track!

The second and only other track I've ever driven on was Winton, I think my first time there I was doing around 1:48s...towards the end of 07' I was stuck around 1:45s. I had wanted to improve myself as a driver once I started tracking, so my car remained stock bar some r-spec tyres, and it would remain that way until I got into the 1:42s, which I knew the car was capable of!!

10th of May came by and there was another chance to have a crack at that illustrious 1:42, which at that stage only one other person had achieved with a stock s2000 + r-specs...Determination and some new found testicles allowed me break my previous PB by 2+ seconds that day, after taking a break from tracking over the start of the year, and I had that 1:42(1:42.64)!!!

First thing I did after that was to order some KW V3s for my car, amazing suspension!!! I dumped the car and used the recommended settings for the coilovers and took it out to Winton again on 28/09 and hit a new PB or 1:42.06...my aim was 1:41 but it's always the last few hundredths that get you!!!!

Next up would be corner balancing, alignment again and maybe strip out some of the interior for another crack at winton...depending if I keep the car any longer or not...

Pics for Eddy because he likes to watch (1/10/08)

Last edited by TAAXED; 01-10-08, 06:29 PM. Reason: adding pics
    Convertible Type R

welcome aboard, nameless one
    T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

hi..and welcome

z10 says:
      i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
      z10 says:
      mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

welcome son.

Comment

His name is johnathan.......welcome bro..finally u do ur intro......post up some pic of ur beast johnno..... we love pics....
          Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
          1)ブレーキを踏む
          2)クラッチを切る
          3)シフトダウンしなから、
            アクセルをぶかす
          4)クラッチをつなぐ
          :blah:
          インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
          人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Welcome johnathan & congrats on the new PB.

Comment

LOL I wrote all of that and forgot to add my name...

ah pics yes soon
              Convertible Type R

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Hi2u
                  Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

Welcome Jono, it'd be good to see another s2000 on our melbourne cruises

Comment

Welcome to ClubITR!
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Welcome Jonno!

Comment

Originally posted by TAAXED View Post
                          LOL I wrote all of that and forgot to add my name...
                          it was a great read

welcome officially!
                          ... retired/

Comment

Welcome! Awesome times with the S2K - don't sell it! I'm sure with the right setup you'll be challenging Eddy soon.
                            Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Welcome! Yours the red one at winton?
                              sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Working...
                              X