Introduction: Buddy club support!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bangz View Post
    How much can N+ lower a DC2 with ITR LCA's without effecting pre-load?

Also, is N+ too hard, even on softest setting for a daily driver?
    It will lower your car to the ground, on it's ass. No worries at all on pre-load. If you're really worried about the geometry you could look into getting some J's racing roll centre adjusters.

In regards to the N+ for street use. In general, across the N+ range, the spring rates are more aggressive than other super soft coilovers designed specifically for street use (I had Tein SS in my MX-5 and found them so ridiculously soft I had to replace the springs with much harder Swift springs). Personally I find the N+ perfect for street driving but then again I prefer my rides to be a little more sporty than comfy.

On my Honda Jazz. The N+ absorbs the bumps very well. On softest setting it feels like stock albeit a bit firmer, on middle setting it's firm but absorbs all bumps very well, no crashy ride, no bottoming out and no dipping under heavy braking. On the stiffest setting it's pretty firm but still AOK for the street. In the Jazz I have the front set up on half way and the rear full stiff.

It's all personal preference in the end of the day but I would say that they're GREAT for street use and track use too. The height and damper adjustability should give you enough leway to obtain your desired setting as opposed to say a lowering spring option which in my past experiences, sometimes yields crashy results over broken roads and even worse, sometimes the height is just not 100% right, something that can easily be set on coilovers.

Hope that helps.
    www.jdmstyletuning.com

Comment

Originally posted by SuperR View Post
      If the car was already highly tuned,
      One would expect an aftermarket programable ECU was used.
      Else, how the fuck did it become "highly tuned"? Duh!
      That being the case, why on earth would you use your Vtec swap changer?
      It's nothing short of absurd, particularly when any aftermarket ECU is quite capable of affecting a change in Vtec swap point.
      No need to get nasty. I'm in agreeance.

The VTEC controller can and will change your VTEC engagement point on non i-VTEC engines, that is 100%, whether or not it gives gains is another thing altogether. In my personal opinion it's more of a gimic than a real performance item. It's perhaps best seen as a modification for fun.
      www.jdmstyletuning.com

Comment

Originally posted by justinfox View Post
        Guys please don't hate on the Buddy club web site. I designed and built it and I'm rather proud of it. Initially we had the same site as the USA:

http://www.buddyclub.us/

And that site is also the same for every other county apart from Japan. I hope you agree with me that the Aus. site is better than the rest of the world's.

I am sorry it doesn't work well on a Mac. In the end of the day a web site can't look the same on all browsers. I've been designing and building web sites since the 90's. I was one of the very first web designers in Australia and designed the very first Telstra E-Commerce web site and the very first Foxtel web site just to name a few. In the end there are compromises and not everyone can be happy. So again, sorry to the mac users out there. I do suggest using Firefox for the best results.
        Don't worry about it Justin.
        If you look at your stats only a small % are mac.
        And then you'll find even smaller % is safari.

Not worth re-designing for such a small % IMO.
        happyhong says:
        aus only have 3 r
        happyhong says:
        civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

N+ are PERFECT for street use!

Racing spec on the softest setting are also ok for street use. Some times can be a bit harsh... but the safety feeling of not losing control and the likes, I love.

Originally posted by ChargeR
          Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by fueltank View Post
            Don't worry about it Justin.
            If you look at your stats only a small % are mac.
            And then you'll find even smaller % is safari.

Not worth re-designing for such a small % IMO.
            I kinda find that hard to believe that a small % is using Safari...
            Safari is for PCs now too.

If you read my comments again, I didn't "hate on" the Buddyclub Australia website, and I had a good idea it was designed by you Justin, but I was simply pointing out there is an issue that you may choose to review or ignore.

I love the Buddyclub brand, and do intend to buy more BC products.
            I have nothing against Buddyclub Australia, Charlie or Justinfox at all. In fact I have read about Justin Fox's achievements in the industry (i'm in the same industry too) and I actually see him as a "mentor" figure.
            Last edited by tofu; 06-07-07, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tofu View Post
              I kinda find that hard to believe that a small % is using Safari...
              Safari is for PCs now too.

If you read my comments again, I didn't "hate on" the Buddyclub Australia website, and I had a good idea it was designed by you Justin, but I was simply pointing out there is an issue that you may choose to review or ignore.

I love the Buddyclub brand, and do intend to buy more BC products.
              I have nothing against Buddyclub Australia, Charlie or Justinfox at all. In fact I have read about Justin Fox's achievements in the industry (i'm in the same industry too) and I actually see him as a "mentor" figure.
              Is 3% small?
              When 62% is IE and 33% for FFox.
              happyhong says:
              aus only have 3 r
              happyhong says:
              civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

well, what do you expect when most people are just given IE...

Firefox is actually 14.5%.
                http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=0

Comment

Originally posted by justinfox View Post
                  It will lower your car to the ground, on it's ass. No worries at all on pre-load. If you're really worried about the geometry you could look into getting some J's racing roll centre adjusters.
                  Can someone else confirm this? It doesn't sound right. I've read thats it possible to lower it alot, but anymore and you need to adjust the pre-load or something. Otherwise it's the same as dumping it on stock cheap springs/stock shocks, and hitting bumpstops etc.

Thanks for the info justinfox.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                  X