Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member from Melbourne- SB1 Civic + DC2R

Hi everyone,

My name is Matt - I like Hondas. I've previously had VWs and an Renault but have finally had the chance to get into a DC2R after my previous daily was written off.

I also have a 73 Civic that I've been fixing for a couple years. It's been a great learning curve and I hope to have that on the road this Summer.

No DC2 photos just yet - I pick it up tomorrow!

I'm here to learn, meet people and get some pointers on getting my car nicely balanced between daily and tame / infrequent track attendance. I've only ever driven on Phillip Island once before but would love to go back!

Cheers,
    Matt.

Welcome Matt
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

SB1 ftw
      Email: info@moonlightracing.com.au
      Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/moonlightracingaus/

Supplying the best parts from all around the globe. Whatever you need, Moonlight's got it!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys.

About two weeks in and getting to know the car. Certainly a much different beast to my last few cars. Really feels like quite an occasion every time I get in for a drive which is cool.

I do think I've got a drama somewhere in the gearbox or clutch - potentially a clutch throwout bearing or bearings in the gearbox. It's a little noisy even after a trans fluid change to fresh Honda MTF. Also has a littel bit of a knock somewhere so I'll get underneath it properly and inspect mounts and bushings too. Still a fantastic and enjoyable car.

Comment

Which car is noisy? If it's the SB it's probably just how it is haha
          Email: info@moonlightracing.com.au
          Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/moonlightracingaus/

Supplying the best parts from all around the globe. Whatever you need, Moonlight's got it!

Comment

Both I guess! The Civic is really slow but that's kind of the point I guess. I'm currently overhauling the front brakes.

The Integra does have what sounds like a throwout bearing noise. Still drives OK so for now I'll monitor it and when I have some time drop into a workshop for their advice.

Comment

What does this bearing noise sound like? A squeal?
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
              X