Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from me and my DC2R

Hey guys,

New member here. Picked up my '01 DC2 Type R about two months ago and am loving it. She's got a few little problems that I'm slowly fixing as time and money allows. I'm 17, this is my third car. My first car was a SR20DET S13, my second a NA6 MX5, and now this. Safe to say this is the most special car i've owned so far, and has the best personality haha.

There's a few issues it's got that have me scratching my head about still but I may post in a different topic about those to try and sort them out.

Its all relatively stock, except for 4-2-1 headers, 100cell catalytic converter, rear strut brace, K&N pod filter enclosed in stock airbox, oil cooler, oil temp and pressure gauges, and a shift light that i removed immediately after purchase

The car cosmetically has seen better days, it would seem like half the car has taken a beating from the sun, or has been poorly resprayed at some point. I would love to get the car professionally detailed and polished, but that's a fair bit of coin haha. Also about a few weeks after getting the car a lady decided to come out onto the road and throw a glass bottle at my car, how lovely that was. Left dents and scratches on the passenger side front fender and front bumper join. Quoted ~$400 to fix. Great! [Police report submitted] There's also a bit of paint fade on the aforementioned side and a weird dent the size of a 50c piece in the fade, on the top of the rear fender. The car still has all the original Type R stickers, Type R H badge, matching interior badge to VIN number, and red Recaro seats.

Here's some pics

Cheers

Welcome to the forums! Nice pick-up

Such a wtf incident with the lady and the glass though! Unfortunate. Any plans in the near future?
    00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
    13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
    15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

Welcome to ClubITR!
      Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by jv-st View Post
        Welcome to the forums! Nice pick-up

Such a wtf incident with the lady and the glass though! Unfortunate. Any plans in the near future?
        Thanks man
        I'm currently saving for some MCA X-R coilovers, but I need to finish installing my Hardrace 62A engine mounts. I got the rear mount installed by my local mechanic, but I can still feel the engine move around a little bit when I let off the throttle moving downhill... Perhaps my side engine mounts or torque mounts are shot aswell? I'm not sure.

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
        Welcome to ClubITR!
        Cheers dude!

Comment

Welcome!!
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by scrowetom View Post
            Thanks man
            I'm currently saving for some MCA X-R coilovers, but I need to finish installing my Hardrace 62A engine mounts. I got the rear mount installed by my local mechanic, but I can still feel the engine move around a little bit when I let off the throttle moving downhill... Perhaps my side engine mounts or torque mounts are shot aswell? I'm not sure.

Cheers dude!
            If it was being driven with the rear mount torn then it will accelerate failure on the rest. All the other mounts are pretty easy to change anyway, the rear one is a bitch. If you have them already it won't take long, just get ready to fix all the new rattles that you notice with the hard race mounts.

What's the go with the lady throwing a bottle at your car? Road rage incident or is she the local crazy?

Comment

Welcome. The car looks a lot better than you describe. That last photo is tarcooler crescent, my grand parents lived on that street for about 35+ years.

Comment

Beautiful Ride

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                  Welcome!!
                  Thankyou!

Originally posted by RC_dc2 View Post
                  If it was being driven with the rear mount torn then it will accelerate failure on the rest. All the other mounts are pretty easy to change anyway, the rear one is a bitch. If you have them already it won't take long, just get ready to fix all the new rattles that you notice with the hard race mounts.

What's the go with the lady throwing a bottle at your car? Road rage incident or is she the local crazy?
                  Yeah I was going to change the rear mount with my grandfather as he has a hoist in his garage, but after checking it out we thought it would be best to get our mechanic to do it. Such a hard place to get a socket and bars onto I just hope that having the new rear mount in and not the other mounts in yet will not destroy my new rear mount. Looking at getting the other 2 engine mounts and 2 torque mounts in in a fortnight.

And as for the bottle incident, it may have been provoked It was on my mates street who has already received a noise complaint from the council for having loud cars, and i was silly enough to engage VTEC in his street. Still, I think vandalising someones property on a public street just to make a point is a bit over the top.

Originally posted by wpg81 View Post
                  Welcome. The car looks a lot better than you describe. That last photo is tarcooler crescent, my grand parents lived on that street for about 35+ years.
                  Thanks man, in person it's not as great Yes it is, I found the street when I delivered a pizza there one night and saw the view of Surfer's Paradise through the park. Went back the next day and took the photo. I only live about 3 minutes from the street too. I take it you may live close too?

Comment

Originally posted by vti_me View Post
                    Beautiful Ride
                    Thanks man!

Comment

Clean DC2R! Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by KennyBKT View Post
                        Clean DC2R! Welcome.
                        Thanks Kenny!

Just had a search through these forums and found quite an interesting post from 2008... This definitely clears up a chunk of missing owner history!

ClubITR Sales Post from '08

Comment

Yeah I am about 15minutes from there. Would bE great to catch up when I am up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by wpg81 View Post
                            Yeah I am about 15minutes from there. Would bE great to catch up when I am up and running.
                            Definitely!

Comment

Welcome!

Awesome that you were able to dig up an old for sale ad.
                              Skibeemo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X