X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another new DC2R owner

Hi Guys,
    Just a quick intro thread.
    I signed up a while ago but never really got around to posting. I bought a MR DC2R back in about august on pretty short notice after my previous car got written off by a P plater. I was in a situation where I wasn't driving very much and didn't want to spend too much (was in the middle of buying a place to live) so it fitted the bill.

The car has had a pretty hard life and has done a lot of track work in the past. The previous owner bought the car near new in 2002/3 and pretty much straight away fitted a 6 point cage, some bilsteins, springs and bars and started tracking it. He ended up doing targa tasmania in 2005 and 2006 with class wins and then finally Targa Highcountry in 2010. Since then the car has done a few sprints and similar but not too much else until I bought it.

I have owned it since August and have tracked it once in that time. It has been fairly reliable despite the fact it has had a hard life and I have started driving it almost daily to work (only 70km / week really). I have removed the terratrip and radio gear but still live with the 4 points of the 6 point harness which makes life a bit tricky.

Plans for the future and to track it some more and starting fixing up a growing list of minor annoyances. I am considering doing an event like Targa Highcountry either this year or next depending how things go. I don't really see any mods in the foreseeable future as it seems gains can be difficult to come by with DC2R's if they arent well thought out.

No doubt I will be asking a few questions as I get on top of a few maintenance issues and get it to where I would like it.

Tim.
    20150705_155650.jpg20150703_185020.jpgIMG20150916132453.jpg

Welcome Tim

Looks quite clean from the photos.
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Awesome history behind the car! Nice purchase [emoji4]

Comment

Welcome! Cool to have a car like that with history.

Comment

I think this is the car I remember seeing around Ballina quite a bit. It used to have a decal of the owners name like this right?

Anyway sweet car!
          Integra Type R 01 #136

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah the car would have been the one you saw. The owner has a health food store in ballina and used to commute from Byron.

The car was a bit more stickered in the past too..

Comment

Welcome! Glad to see these cars being used on the track where they belong. Enjoy!
              1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Working...
              X