Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to ITR's

Hey everyone,

My name's Harry, just purchased a yellow DC2R in S.A - been into the Honda game for awhile now.

I'm 28 years old, disability support worker, and a student.

car history:
    Have had plenty of Honda's in the past:
    Honda 1990 Civic ED
    Honda 1992 EG civic breeze
    Honda 1995 EG civic 1.5L efi
    Honda 1991 crx ED9....my fav car.......as well as about 7 other crx's for spare parts and selling parts of (dad owned wrecking yard)
    Honda 1995 bb2 prelude VTI-R, stock leather interior, stock everything else. was a beast.....
    Honda 1991 ba5 Prelude Si, Cita luxury edition, manual full leather interior, white....gorgeous stock.
    Honda 1990 Accord cb7
    Honda 1995 Accord cd5
    Honda Accord Euro 8th gen CU2, black manual.....very sweet to drive.
    and now the new beast Honda 2000 integra type R. (my first teggie) all stock. yellow,

I am dying to know more about these beasts...such as: idle going up and down frequently....around 500 to 1200 rpm...what is the cause of this?
    any other thing i should look out for, its done over 200,000kms.....I have already done timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, put stock exhaust back on, replaced clutch master cylinder, engine mounts done, steering racks boots done....next on list is a few rear trailing arm bushes.

And who is the kind of spare parts on this forum

Hopefully this forum is as lively as the Facebook Honda forums.......

Regards
    Harry

Pics

Some pics.....not many yet....
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks great! Hopefully see this cruising around Adelaide

Comment

Love the CRXs!

Congrats on the purchase. It's a great car.
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Welcome Harry, Pheonix yellow is such a good colour for the DC2R.

Facebook pages are probably more lively than forums these days, but there are still some friendly knowledgeable people that are on CITR.

What makes the ED9 your favourite car?
          1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

And you mentioned idle going up and down frequently - could be the idle air control valve?

Comment

Welcome! Nice looking Dc2r you got there

Comment

Welcome Harry! This was the car that previously had a lady owner?

Good to have another Adelaidean on board

Any mods planned?
                Skibeemo.com

Comment

Thanks!! Yeah def will be all around Adelaide so give us a wave when you see me

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
                    Welcome Harry, Pheonix yellow is such a good colour for the DC2R.

Facebook pages are probably more lively than forums these days, but there are still some friendly knowledgeable people that are on CITR.

What makes the ED9 your favourite car?

By far the most favourite, due to it being the most basic, best looking, most sensible, truly Honda built, light weight, simplistic, easy to work, excellent power to weight ratio, rare as F#$* car honda has ever made. In all the car's i have owned....I still believe my stock healthy non vtec crx was the quickest.

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
                      Welcome Harry! This was the car that previously had a lady owner?

Good to have another Adelaidean on board

Any mods planned?
                      God no, no mods at all, had to spend a crap load tryna put it back to stock. Replacing air filter, with stock airbox, might get a K&N filter for the stock airbox, not air pod. already changed exhaust etc.

Comment

Also getting my steering wheel re-trimmed soon....well the other guy isn't responding quick enough to me.....need it done asap....Only heard of a Peter Scott from S.A.....he is very fair with costs. Anyone else recommend any where else?

Comment

Buy a mint one, I wouldnt bother with retrims. Its just not the same as factory.

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

can't find a mint one!!! Anyone on here have one for sale? I'm always going to chose the cheapest option.

Comment

Hey guys, Just an update, stock air box arrives on Tuesday, still haven't managed to get around to fixing that very small idle issue i have, someone mentioned Idle air control valve could be the source, anyone else have the same issue as me or solved this issue (the car very randomly whilst in idle/neutral sitting at the lights, will drop to about 750 revs feels like it will turn off but never does, then back up to the 1300 rev range, very small drop but def noticeable) any tips?

Comment

Working...
                              X