Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R from across the ditch .. ..

Hey Everyone,

Just a quick little hello from across the ditch, here in ol' New Zealand.
    I've got a 96 Integra Type R, nothing special. I do have a build thread on NZHondas (although, a slow build thread), I will look at importing that thread over here so you guys can check up the progress.

Not a lot done to my car at this stage, its fairly stock, and its refreshing seeing a near original looking ITR these days here in NZ.

96' JDM DC2 Integra Type R
    B18CR engine
    all the usual type R goods
    Intake/velocity stack/pod filter
    oem .25 oversize rebuild back in 05' (done approx. 90ks)
    os giken super single clutch which was also rebuilt (getting tired now)

prelude brake swap up front
    oem wheels
    toyo t1r all around
    bilstein circlip adjustable with RS*R Ti2000 springs

98 spec rear bumper
    spoon style mirrors colour coded

momo tuner wheel
    fd2r style gearknob
    all original interior currently

heres an outdated photo

Welcome to ClubITR mate!

Where abouts in NZ are you?
    Shak's S2000

Comment

Very nice!

Yes please share your build here

How much do the 96 and 98 DC2Rs go for in NZ?
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Mint ride man! I got so jealous looking at the car listings over in NZ ><
        00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
        13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
        15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

thanks for the welcome guys.

I'm in the big smoke .. Auckland!

ITR's have become very very affordable, but are aging and its hard to find an original/near stock looking one these days.
          96 specs, average price anywhere from $4.5k - $6.5k
          98 spec in fairly tidy condition, anywhere up from approximately 8K-10K.

I'm trying to source some AUDM ITR tail lights for mine, when would I be able to get access to the parts section? (Do i need certain number of posts?)

Have owned quite a few Hondas now, mainly D series stockers just done up for looks, and always slammed, numerous civics, really in to my civics, eg sedans, hatches, ef, ek sedans/hatches, ej1, city turbos, this is my 3rd ITR, first ITR was H2B with 159kw atw. Also had a fully forged high compression b20 build with ITB's in an ek hatch - 165kw atw. Will post some pics of my past rides a little later as well.
          Last edited by flinch; 13-08-15, 09:22 PM.

Comment

I was over in Auckland in February, really nice city! I spotted a black DC5R driving around the city with the plates "Devil R". Funnily enough my cousin ended up buying it about two months ago, he lives in the Waitakere area.
            Shak's S2000

Comment

Ahh yeah, I know the DEVIL R DC5. Seen it around quite a bit. I live in Waitakere City Area too.
              I'm surprised the pricing of DC2's aren't that much over in Australia! (We don't have many bug eye Type R's in NZ at all, so its awesome to see that is the AUDM ITR is bug eye) - and well priced!

Friend of mine owns a DC5 with fully built K24 Turbo - around 450KW atw - insanely fast car, looks similar to DEVIL R as well, but my friends isn't a Type R model.

Comment

have now created build thread. Couldn't copy and paste exactly as it is on NZH as posting capability is limited on this forum, but just took out a few unneccessary pics!

Comment

Awesome car. Loving the 96 spec wheels
                  | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

wow they are pretty cheap down in nz, but did u guys get a domestic model?

Comment

Originally posted by kaze View Post
                      wow they are pretty cheap down in nz, but did u guys get a domestic model?
                      yes we did get a few rare NZDM models just like the AUDM models like you guys, most of them yellow, a few red, one black, no white AFAIK - bugeye facelift and super rare, total count is around 10 NZDM's that were sold new in NZ.

Comment

Hey guys. Sorry for the absence.

Making a return. Ended up writing my ITR off and left the honda game for a while.

Just purchased another dc2, although not and ITR but just an SIR.

Anyone able to enable access to the parts section of the forum at all?

Comment

Looks like I've got access now when I look via desktop.

Heres a sneak peek at the new whip.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X