DC5R from Adelaide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R from Adelaide

Hi guys, just thought i'd introduce myself, DC5R owner from Adelaide here.

Car is currently stock as a rock, however I do have buddyclub coilovers & camber arms, sway bar, injen cai and fujitsubo legalis R catback ready to be installed once I get a chance.

Currently looking for rims/new tyres, thinking about 17in (thinking RPF1s or something with a concave face) unsure of offset but looking for something that will sit close to flush with guards and trackable at the same time if thats even a possibility, any suggestions?

Also whats the go with short shifter kits? Would love to get rid of the "loose" gear shifting feeling and to reduce the throws

Goal for this year is to get out to the track for the first time.

I'm sure iI'll have lots to ask in the future.

Just realised as i post this that i don't actually any photos of the car...

btw is there any reasons as to why i can't view marketplace?

look forward to seeing you all around

Welcome.

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/faq.php?...forsale_cannot

I think 17x9+22 with 225/45 or 235/40 all round is a common setup on the DC5. Good luck with your build and track days.
    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Welcome to ClubITR
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Welcome guy! If you want a good balance of track performance, cost and flushness I'd maybe go for the 17x9+35 as the +22 is a bit low in offset for the rear which will make you have to compromise on camber which won't be great for track performance. Some people have rubbing on the rear trailing arm with the +35 though, so you may need a small spacer.

Comment

figured i'd ask questions here rather than start a new thread, but one thing that is bothering me is the drivers side seat rail. The lever where you slide the seat back and fourth has come loose on the rhs, not sure if I could get someone to spot weld it back on? It got me thinking about aftermarket rails which can fit the factory recaros, has anyone had any experience with say a bride rail which recaro sr4s will fit?

Comment

btw has anyone had any experience with the spoon side view mirrors? I've ordered the rear view mirror but unsure of the sides. In my previous car (CL9) i had the blue mirrors which i believe were slightly concave, going back to normal mirrors has really got my eyes messed up in terms of judgment of space etc

Comment

Originally posted by willyboy View Post
              btw has anyone had any experience with the spoon side view mirrors? I've ordered the rear view mirror but unsure of the sides. In my previous car (CL9) i had the blue mirrors which i believe were slightly concave, going back to normal mirrors has really got my eyes messed up in terms of judgment of space etc
              I can chime in on using the Spoon hydro side mirror glass as I have it on my DC5. Pros: concave mirror gives a better viewing angle and isn't as magnified as factory and the blue tint dims blinding light coming from behind. And lastly, I like the look of it. Cons: The advertised hydro water thing is completely bogus. I've noticed no difference in how water sits on the glass. However there was japanese instructions that came with it - the only two english words I could read was "24 (hours)" and "UV (light?)", so maybe I didn't do something to them. And the biggest one of all, they're the thinnest piece of glass that you'll snap them trying to stick them on.

Comment

thanks for that, i might pass on them and get used to oem mirrors for now.

Anyone know where to get jdm headlights or how i could go abouts getting HID light really not a fan of halogens

Comment

thought I'd update this thread rather than create a new one.

Injen Cai and Legalis catback installed, must say this combo is close to stock at idle/low rev if not slightly deeper, no raspiness what so ever, on WOT it just screams (albeit doesn't really move that fast lol)

BC Br coilovers installed as well as mugen rear sway bar and rear camber arms.

On the way I have ordered a set of Enkei RPF1 in 17x9+35 to be wrapped in RE003 235/45/17 as they come in.

Now just researching on how to set it up to avoid scrubbing and to be able to clear the rear trailing arms

Comment

Working...
                  X