hi all; need some help with itr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi all; need some help with itr

well hello my name is jack and i own a 2004 doch/vtech integra and a week a go it refused to start have full battery and plenty of fuel when i turn over the ignition i can hear a click as if the starter moter wants to start but refuses to i am having trouble trying to find an engine bay diagram there is not one in the owners manuel ,i need the diagram so as i can locate where the starter moter is and the solar noild so as i can take it out and send it to an auto elec to fix for me the problem is that it is an auto so am unable to roll or clucth start, any help or assistance would be greatly apreaciated as i am on the pension and cant afford the $1355 they wont for a new one. And i miss driving my itr so i can be contacted on 0405 736 710, please no time wasters as i need to get my itr going by mid april so as i can go for a nice run up the coast
    to port macqurie to visit my grandkids so thanks and hope to hear from some one soon as i am desperate jack

Hi Jack,

Thanks for signing up to ClubITR.

I hope someone on here will chime in soon and help you with this issue.

Before you go ahead and take out your starter motor, just make sure your car is in the Park gear before trying to start. It sound silly but its often overlooked. Also you can attempt to jump start the car, as your battery might be a bit weak.

All the best.

Comment

maybe immoboliser has been activated ???

Comment

spacemaster how do i check that my immoboliser been activated

Comment

thanks butter , i can assure that the battery is reading 12 volts , some one has suggested that it may be my imoboliser,?
          and yes it is in park,do you know where i can find a diagram for an australian model ?

Comment

For your info Jack, 12v is a minimum and a good condition battery should read closer to 13v. Also it is the amount of cold cranking amps that is critical to battery starting.

Even though you think your battery is fine, I would still and try jump start it.
            Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
            Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
            Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

Immobilizer will have a green key flashing on the left side of the cluster if activated.

Had same problem the other week. Cars starter began to die over a period of months..taking longer to start...shitty cranks and would have to crank it again...Stuff like that.
              Ended up with it completely halting and not turning over at all.
              Pulled out the intake manifold with the help of DarkNt and swapped it over...Works brilliantly again.

If you do go the path of replacing, head to a wreckers and pick up one from any K series engine for around $150. Oddyseys and Accords starters work with K20's..or so i'm told. (oddysey starter in mine atm).

Goodluck and pm me if you have any questions.
              FD3S Questions? Pm me.

Comment

Changing that starter is cunt of a job though. Especially with an ITR because of the one piece intake manifold. I hope you a have a nice pair of gloves, otherwise you're guaranteed to smash your knuckles like I did on Chris's car!

Good luck with it, PM me if you need pointers.

Comment

Working...
                X