DC2R From Melbourne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R From Melbourne

Hey guys, my names lvee I'm from Melbourne.

I have '01' DC2R I've have owned it since 2003 it was my first car I bought, loved it and had it ever since.

Thought I'd rejoin the community after a hiatus, great to see after so many years that honda mod cost are still ball breaking in the wallet department haha....

I drive a '01' rx7fd3s so the dc2 took a bit of a back seat, for the past 8 yrs
    but would love my dc2 to be my run around again, and hopefully find more mod options as the community seems a lot more knowledgeable now compared to 2003....

So I'm in need of help to find a oem front bumper and bonnet ATM....

Still don't know if I should turbo or supercharge the honda, or keep it N/A w/minor mods. Only have 99k on the engine.

Would love to hear some opinions, and personal experience from those who did follow the turbo path for their DC2 ITR's

Welcome!

I have a damaged dc2r bar at the shop you can have if you want (free of charge).

The turbo route is our personal pick of the lot, but if you can go without aircon, a nice rotrex set up would be great on a b18c7
    Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
    Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
    Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Welcome lvee
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Welcome !, Your DC2R sounds really nice, great that you have held onto it for so long ! Will you be coming down to Sydney ?, if so you can have my bonnet, perfect condition etc in Milano red.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sleepingperformance View Post
          Welcome!

I have a damaged dc2r bar at the shop you can have if you want (free of charge).

The turbo route is our personal pick of the lot, but if you can go without aircon, a nice rotrex set up would be great on a b18c7
          Was tossing up supercharging/turbo for ages before my build started but ended up going down the turbo route due to 1.8L displacement since it'll be more efficient than supercharging.
          Also you can't fit A/C with boosted setup in a DC2 chassis? I wanted to keep mine but ended up pulling it out due to space constraints.

Comment

There are some turbo kits that are p/s & a/c friendly, but most do require removal of at least a/c
            Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
            Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
            Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
            Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

plz plz go the turbo route...

I personally turbo charged my itr with stock engine, a full race (a/c & p/s friendly) manifold, gt3076r with 0.82 rear housing, 44mm tial external gate, 7.5psi, avo cooler kit, custom 3" exhaust and made a very healthy 239kw at wheels and was daily driven, serviced and maintained religiously...

if no scumbag would have stolen it, I think I would still have it...

pics of ur ride's (including FD rx7) would b nice, my bro owns a red fd3s
              my sale thread 21.01.12
              CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

Hi

Hi just got your message, if you still have that bar available would love to check it out.
                Many thanks for your offer.

Originally posted by sleepingperformance View Post
                Welcome!

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys really appreciate it.
                  What's the fuel consumption like with the turbo route as a daily, compared to stock.
                  Was the build really expensive?
                  When and where was your ride taken, if it's recent you should ask around some members are pretty helpful.
                  Have a 01 Bathurst r FD I will post up a pic soon, I also had my fd stolen so I'm hearing ya brother, it's heartbreaking, but i was a bit lucky to find my car.
                  Cops absolutely useless, had found my car before they even managed to come out to take my statement.

Originally posted by ievaq8 View Post
                  plz plz go the turbo route...

I personally turbo charged my itr with stock engine, a full race (a/c & p/s friendly) manifold, gt3076r with 0.82 rear housing, 44mm tial external gate, 7.5psi, avo cooler kit, custom 3" exhaust and made a very healthy 239kw at wheels and was daily driven, serviced and maintained religiously...

if no scumbag would have stolen it, I think I would still have it...

pics of ur ride's (including FD rx7) would b nice, my bro owns a red fd3s

Comment

That sounds pretty sweet, did you use it as a daily or just a weekender?
                    I wish to keep my air con, was wondering why you ended up removing it, as you said for extra space, but were you still doing more mods at the time?
                    Was the lack of space before aircon removal causing any problems?

Originally posted by Fallenangel View Post
                    Was tossing up supercharging/turbo for ages before my build started but ended up going down the turbo route due to 1.8L displacement since it'll be more efficient than supercharging.
                    Also you can't fit A/C with boosted setup in a DC2 chassis? I wanted to keep mine but ended up pulling it out due to space constraints.

Comment

Thanks for the offer bro, if I get desperate I might have to come up to Sydney, I'm having trouble finding parts here in Melbourne..

Originally posted by AL92 View Post
                      Welcome !, Your DC2R sounds really nice, great that you have held onto it for so long ! Will you be coming down to Sydney ?, if so you can have my bonnet, perfect condition etc in Milano red.

Comment

Working...
                      X