Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello :D

Hey guys.

I'm a qualified auto electrician who just left the game recently, did a short stint in a Honda dealership a few years back and fell in love with the DC2/DC5 Integra Type R and latest gen Accord Euro. I currently have an 1997 Fairmont Ghia project car which is just about ready to go to sims metal because of its latest problems and I was thinking of replacing it with a DC5 Integra Type R or Type S in the future when I'm back to full time work. I wouldn't mind a DC2 but there is no A/C and I can't live without that.

I'm leaning toward Type S as I'm a fat fuck and was a tight squeeze in the DC5R Recaros when I was at Honda, or is it possible to swap over the seats for the Type S seats?

Though the DC5S has a 6sp box and the DC5R only a 5sp?

Also I noticed I cannot see the classified section yet? Will that open up with more posts?

Thanks much guys.
    Last edited by SolidSnake; 01-07-14, 09:17 PM.

Welcome Mate.

The seats can be swapped over I'm quite sure.

Both the Type R, and Type S have 6 speed gearboxes.

The classified section will open with more posts, and you've done the right thing by starting an intro thread
    Shak's S2000

Comment

Hi there =)

You can always swap the seats but I've never seen anyone who has bought a DC5R swap the recaros in favour of the DC5S leather seats.

DC5R is also 6 speed

Comment

Thanks guys, also noticed a company in the USA called ERL does decently priced short blocks, is 12.5:1 forged short alright to run on 98 or 100? They also do all sorts of strokers etc like a 2.2L, whats the legalities with those?

Comment

Welcome.

With a 12.5:1 motor, you will have to be very careful with who tunes it.

Personally, we would recommend E85 as the fuel of choice for this type of build to help prevent detonation, while maximising power and torque
          Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
          Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
          Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
          Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Welcome

Originally posted by SolidSnake View Post
            I wouldn't mind a DC2 but there is no A/C and I can't live without that.
            BTW - DC2Rs came with AC
            1988 CRX
            1999 Integra Type R
            2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Working...
            X