Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[VIC] New memeber intro and some of my car history!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[VIC] New memeber intro and some of my car history!

HI! I am right now looking for a new car, I`m looking at EK VTIR`s. I have only had one Honda before and that only lasted 6 days and someone ran into the back of it wrote it off. I thought joining a forum like this and Ozhonda would be a good point to start to do my research, this forum has a smaller nicer feel to it so thought i would say hi. In case anyone is interest ill put up some of my old rides.

1886 BMW E30
    This thing was cool, we replaced all the bushes with solid items all new steering and suspension, 4.11 locked diff, commodore springs and shocks. It was ruff as hell but was the best fun on lonely rainy nights

1992 N14 SSS
    This guy had GAB adjustable suspension, swaybars and strutbars, interior was stripped from the front seats back along with the usual intake and exhaust work.

1989 DA9 (lasted One Week)
    I had this car for 6 days it was such an awesome car! B18 running a T25, D2 coilovers, and a set of 16x8 light weight wheels.

1995 VR6 Golf
    This is what I just sold, they are a awesome car. 2.8ltr twincam 6cyl, extractors, cat back exhaust, coilovers, K&N apollo intake, striped interior.

We ended up stripping it out more then what it is here.

Mixed in there I have also had a couple of Skylines, a corona, another N14 1.6ltr turbo, a couple of Mercedes a Soarer and a heap of other crap heaps!
    If you still reading hope i didn`t bore you thanks for reading.

Welcome!

Comment

Nice owner CV. What was the VR6 like to drive?
      Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

Welcome to CITR
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Thanks Guys The VR6 was OK, the 6 cyl pulled it along nicely but did make it a tad front heavy. i think with a bit more time spent changing things up it would of been a decent car, the biggest problem with it was its hate of drive shafts. at one stage I changed 3 drive shafts in 5 days I don`t know why but it just use to snap the CV`s or destroy the bearings. This is a pic of the bearings in the last one I changed.

Comment

All I can honestly say is an Ek4 will be a massive improvement over all those other pieces of shit you've had,
            assuming you can find a good one.
            I owned one('98 Cyprus green) for about 5 years and still regret selling it today, not the quickest cars by any stretch but great fun to drive, easy and cheap to mod,
            Good luck finding a clean example and welcome to the club
            02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
              All I can honestly say is an Ek4 will be a massive improvement over all those other pieces of shit you've had
              Ouch ease up :/

Comment

Originally posted by Garage9 View Post
                Ouch ease up :/
                Agreed lol...we don't need honda fanboys having a bash.
                Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
                Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
                Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

Ease up Nathan!
                  Shak's S2000

Comment

Love the E30 too. Sounds like it would of been a bag of fun...

Comment

E30 was fun, the only problem is the car I had before that was an R33 that made about 250-260 at the wheels so the e30 felt real slow lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Garage9 View Post
                        E30 was fun, the only problem is the car I had before that was an R33 that made about 250-260 at the wheels so the e30 felt real slow lol.
                        Haha, you really have whored yourself out as an owner. Good to hear; Oh, and welcome...

Comment

Ha ha yes I was quite the car whore.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                            Ease up Nathan!
                            Haha, I call a spade a spade,
                            I'm sure op will feel the same way about his old cars once he gets behind the wheel of his ek4
                            02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                              Haha, I call a spade a spade,
                              I'm sure op will feel the same way about his old cars once he gets behind the wheel of his ek4
                              Wow, comparing the skyline to civic.

Comment

Working...
                              X