Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grant's Dc2 Melbourne

Hi All,

Just a quick introduction for myself and my car. I recently moved to Melbourne (from Christchurch, NZ) to find work as a Mechanical Engineer. Turns out manufacturing in Vic isn't so hot either!

I needed a daily driver and weighed up the cost/performance of a few Japanese cars which led me to the purchase of a Dc2 Vti-R with 280000km's on the clock. When i brought the car it was 100% stock and drove well but i just couldn't live with the factory roll and tendency to under steer when i knew the potential of the Dc2 chassis.

I've done the timing belt, water pump, rocker cover gasket, new brake pads etc. The car is now riding on Tanabe Street sport struts with factory top hats with Mugen bushes. I replaced the bushes in the front upper control arm and then installed whiteline bushes in the front LCA. It has adjustable camber and toe links in the rear as well as a ASR subframe brace and 23mm rear anti-roll bar.

I sourced the Type R wing and lip from ebay then had them painted by a local paint shop in Braeside. The wheels are genuine Enkei 15 x7 +40.

I'm really happy with the handling of the car now. I will continue to tweek the car here and there but really want to keep it on the road as much as possible. I joined ClubITR to meet some like minded Honda enthusiasts and hopefully organise to get this thing out at a Track day sometime in the future.

Thanks
    Grant

Honed - WEB: https://honeddevelopments.com/ FB: https://www.facebook.com/honeddevelopments

Welcome to CITR Grant.
    Am from Melbourne also.
    sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Welcome Grant!
      Shak's S2000

Comment

Welcome Grant! I like that color on dc2's!
        S2000
        WSID : TBA
        Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
        Smooth As Detailing
        Incar Racing

Comment

Working...
        X