Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

another newbie wanting a type r runabout that will OWN IN THE TWISTIES : )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another newbie wanting a type r runabout that will OWN IN THE TWISTIES : )

hey,

Been living in Canada for 3 years and about to return to Sydney.

Been bumming it around the US and Canada in a '79 vw Westfalia camper (translate Kombi) and looking for something that can cruize at (or near to) the legal speed limit - bonus if the car turns with the steering wheel rather than sometime later when it feels like turning. I am probably willing to forgo the 2x double beds, stove, sink and even the fridge (but it does come in handy when you break down / stop to let the engine cool off). Pretty much over fixing rust, and i've had enough tows/breakdowns to rival anyone who drives a Lada as a track car.

So yea bring on a type r. i like the dc2's and hope to find a nice one that i can have some fun in for a few years.

I been looking around on the net for a while but any leads appreciated!

Welcome to CITR
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

This is the best one on carsales IMO... http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...SSE-AD-2256440

Quote:
      Originally Posted by justinfox
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

thanks guys.

pissed i missed yours DC2r! i'm from the beaches also and was going to get someone to go look at it for me (im still in Canada) - but she went so fast!!

i had a 20v 86 before i left and can't wait to have a fun (in a different way) ride again.

i'm most keen on white and yella

Comment

Originally posted by r-is-for-fun View Post
          thanks guys.

pissed i missed yours DC2r! i'm from the beaches also and was going to get someone to go look at it for me (im still in Canada) - but she went so fast!!

i had a 20v 86 before i left and can't wait to have a fun (in a different way) ride again.

i'm most keen on white and yella

Yellow is the best colour.. So sad mine is gone..

Quote:
          Originally Posted by justinfox
          You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Hey mate, i have a friend with a 20v bt ae92 corolla on mrp coils and og san wheels 195/50/15...it easily keeps up with a type r around corners, i was very surprised...you can pick one of those up for 4-5k complete. if not, a decent type r will take you a very long time to find.

Comment

good call on the 20v but i'm not really keen to get into anything too too modified again.

thought about a Levin BZ-R, but i will probably bow down to the ubiquity of the ni**an if i can't find a mint type r.

Comment

Working...
              X