New to clubitr - hi from melb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to clubitr - hi from melb

Hey everyone, names Mehdi from Melbourne, actually new to forums let alone to club itr, took me a while to learn how or where to post haha.
    I own a black dc5 type r and have for two years now. Absolutely love it but on the edge of selling it for a daily.

Welcome to CITR
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Integras are daily's ! Unless you got family..

Comment

tegers are mad dailys!

Comment

Thanks guys, just want your opinions on it because its got high Km's but it's in amazing condition inside & out!
          Anyone have an EK so they can give me their opinion about them? Love EK's!

Comment

Originally posted by i.typeR View Post
            Thanks guys, just want your opinions on it because its got high Km's but it's in amazing condition inside & out!
            Anyone have an EK so they can give me their opinion about them? Love EK's!
            Welcome to the forum. I own a 1997 ek and have had it for almost 5 months, honestly in my opinion it's a very good car I have a b16a2 in it and haven't had a problem with it so far, it handles well and you can get good power out of them with the right mods. There are so many ek's around in Sydney parts are really easy to find and you can pick them up real cheap!

Comment

Hi there .
              Went from sport to daily and now back to sport

Just not the same !

Comment

Oh that's good to hear, main reason I was asking about an EK was because of the price for maintenance costs are really cheap.
                And I agree, nothing beats a sports car, I just feel bad using a sports car for a daily, specially because I travel a lot.
                Anyone here gone turbo with a d-series before? Sounds like a good idea in my head if I end up buying an EK

Comment

Originally posted by i.typeR View Post
                  Oh that's good to hear, main reason I was asking about an EK was because of the price for maintenance costs are really cheap.
                  And I agree, nothing beats a sports car, I just feel bad using a sports car for a daily, specially because I travel a lot.
                  Anyone here gone turbo with a d-series before? Sounds like a good idea in my head if I end up buying an EK
                  That's true! I've seen many turbo d-series on YouTube. If you really want a cheap build you could buy an eBay manifold and a used turbo ie(Subaru turbo, Nissan turbo etc) as long as there is no shaft play it should be safe then gather up all the parts to fit ie( intercooler, piping, oil return lines, catch can etc). If not you can buy the whole turbo kit on eBay. But honestly they won't be as reliable as a proper racing set up. Try find a EK with a b-series like I did. Paid 6.5k and I have no problems. Remember you will need to get a engineer certificate too

Comment

Yeah I didn't think of the engineers certificate! Are they hard to get? or is it just a waste of time and too much hassle, Thanks for the advice, would be awesome to see the end product on a d series turbo. Bisimoto in America has some crazy builds with them, 700hp to be precise.

Comment

what mods you looking to engineer? I just went through the process
                      Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
                      http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Turbo kit into a d series, and supporting mods. Don't know much, so that would be great if you could let me know what you had to go through! Thanks

Comment

It's a bit tricky. Brakes were the hardest followed by emissions.

If you up grade your brakes there is not much out there that is adr approved and testing is 2k up to approve them

Emissions will be a must, I say get a hondata, get it tuned to pass emissions and say its a stock ecu
                          Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

Oh wow, thanks for that info!! Any specifics on how or what they need in the engine bay to get the engineers cert? Like heat shields or anything that they'd ask for?

Comment

Intake must be enclosed, must have all your emissions control gear (evap and such). If turbo you can't vent to atmosphere it must plumb back.

Biggest thing will be tuning it for emissions dude. As for brakes, upgrade your booster, caliper and rotors to like type r or something

Call am engineer now before you do your build as they are all fussy about different things

teamGROUNDzero

Comment

Working...
                              X