Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A hello from myself and my FD.

Hi Everyone,

First time I've posted here... Not really what clubITR was until a few days ago when my friend Julie who owned a black DC5 and now has a grey DC5 said this was the place to be instead of the other forums. Plus I needed an excuse to go foruming while sitting through a lecture. :P

My name's Stephen, currently working as a research data personnel and drive a 2010 Honda Civic FD in Sparkle Grey. I bought this baby brand new for $26K in auto... never mastered manual and not willing to learn anymore after destroying the clutch on my friend's Hyundai Accent. My car prior to this was a 2002 Toyota Corolla and prior to that? A 2001 Ford Falcon AU ex taxi wagon with 1.2 million KMs. Yes, I said 1.2 million KMs.

At the time I considered buying another Corolla, but my 80 year old grandfather owned a Honda S2000 and that car just seemed so good. Hence, I chose a Honda. He now drives an MX-5 in auto cause he can't drive a manual due to a sore leg (After S2K was a silver Civic FN2 and then MX-5). Could say he inspried me to love my car just that bit more... well he does have 4 cars or so to himself. :P

When I got my FD, it was bare stock... like with nothing at all. Couldn't afford the "Limited edition" which was being offered at the time either, so I got the VTi and optioned for floor mats, visors, factory reverse sensors and mud guards. Come three years later in 2013 and after paying the car off, I decided to add some more stuff from the brochure.

So far... after a fair amount of $$$ to the dealership...

* OEM Honda Bass Works Premium audio package
    * OEM Bluetooth system
    * OEM Fog lights
    * OEM Boot liner
    * OEM Rear door cup holders
    * OEM Chrome exhaust tip <--- still too ceebs to put this one on.
    * OEM 15" Modulo alloy wheels
    * OEM Ambient floor lighting kit
    * Tinted windows
    * OEM Door garnishes

Plans for the future?

* The whole OEM factory Modulo bodykit... including the modulo spoiler...
    * Might get a set of BBS LM's in 17" or TE37's... that's if I can't get my hands on the rare 17" OEM Modulo's :P

Sorry but I can't slam my baby cause it won't make it through the driveway at home or at uni. Train to work, so yay... car doesn't have to go there! :P

Anyway, a thread without pics ain't a thread, so here's a few...

When I first got her... completely stock with nothing at all!

Foggies, yo.

Bass works OEM upgrade.

Ambient lighting

Garnishes.

How we're looking at about... now.
    Last edited by bluesoleli; 15-08-13, 09:03 PM.

Welcome !

Wow 80 yeard old grandpa in S2000.

Looking forward to the Modulo upgrades.

Comment

The FD seems like a nice cruiser! Welcome to CITR
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Welcome Stephen! Your friend was right. This forum is the place to be. Nice car you have there and a great addition to the ClubITR group! Those cars are great and having sat in a few of my friends FD's, their a comfortable spacious car. Be proud of what you have there. As for your grandpa's s2000, he indeed was a legend in picking an iconic Honda car. Kudos to him!

Comment

Thanks guys.

As for my grandpa when he bought his S2K... we literally asked him if he took his meds that morning. Turns out he did. Then when he bought a Civic FN2, once again we asked him if he took his meds. I think the most "normal" thing he has done is buy an MX-5 in AUTO.

I'm like... "I need a practical and fuel efficient car". Grandpa? "I need a FAST car that looks good". Funny to see him when we go to the car lots to take a peek and he is like "I don't like this car because it looks like it is for old people". I'm just nice not to remind him how old he is. My grandma goes loco everytime he buys a car though. LOL.

Comment

Welcome from Melbourne Stephen.
            sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Originally posted by tyk View Post

Looking forward to the Modulo upgrades.
              DONE.

The last item I'll put on my FD for a long while. :P

Comment

Working...
              X