Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New DC5R owner hEY !!

Hey guys,
    My name is Abdul im from sydney and after being a type r fan for 2 years while saving the up the money along with owning a charade i was finally able to buy one

I bought the car about a month ago and so far im happy with it.
    The initial plan was to wait until 15k is saved up then go ahead and search for a dc5 but i saw one which had alot of potential and with the price i negotiated, i just couldnt say no !

I payed 8300 for it , it is on revs from 2 years ago for hail damage, which still requires attention, the clutch was slipping and rego was due yesterday which i renewed.

the plan is to get the hail damage taken out of the whole car except bonnet ( apparently better to change it overall) and then if required in the future will get the car re sprayed same colour with the new non damaged bonnet from wreckers.

i had the clutch (sports organic exedy) and some oils done (mtf and engine oil n filter) about 2 weeks ago, and hopefully next week ill have the guy come to my house to sort the hail damage

the car is sitting at 145000km with most of its life log booked but towards the end i relised it had a bit of misplay in the book which i noticed today when i got the book stamped after doing clutch some seals engine oil gearbox oil and coolant flush.

Coming from the charade, i am pretty happy, but to be honest am expecting more from the car.

ive had my mechanics and performance shop inspect the car thoroughly and all they said was it needs new shocks breaks and machining of the rotors apart from that they said its good.

I have the money ready to go for koni yellows and stiff springs to be made, and the money for fuel filter break/clutch oil and ps fluid and hardrace engine mounts.

the thing that is scaring and bugging me about my car is that i relise that at 6000rpm the crossover is good you feel increased power etc , but when i stretch the gear , SOMETIMES just before the redline at about 7500-7700 rpm or so? i feel a crazy pull usually best in 3rd, sometimes second as well. the thing bothering me is that it doesnt always do that top end pull, it ONLY DOES IT SOMETIMES. the only thing i have is a short ram intake which i bought with it on the car already.

my mate has a type s with a short ram intake and when his car crosses over, there isnt a feel in increased power but at the top end you feel that extra pull that i get SOMETIMES in my dc5r but his one is consistent he also has a short ram on.

what could it be? i mean come on, it shouldnt be a 3-4 time thing out of 10 that it would pull top end, it should be consistent? what are your opinions on this guys ?

On my first service i had penrite 5w40 full synthetic put in with genuine filter, in about 900km ive had to top up about half a litre not sure if the oil i am using could be a factor to this?

if anyone could please provide some insight on this id greatly appreciate it, and nice to meet you all and be a apart of club itr.
    Attached Files

Hi Abdul, welcome to ClubITR mate.
    Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Welcome to citr,
      might wanna talk in the technical area

Comment

lucky you, great bargain

Comment

Originally posted by Themandawg View Post
          lucky you, great bargain
          These thread revivals....
          1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
          1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
          2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
          F1 Nut

Comment

Working...
          X