Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nooby to Hondas

Hi all.
    Im new to ClubITR, infact new to Hondas period. I'm looking at getting a 1992 Civic as a project car, with my son ( read I'll do all the work he'll just drive it ). The car we're looking at, Is a 5 speed manual with a 1300cc engine (I think). Unregistered, cracked bumpers, bogged rhf fender, starting to break out and drivers door probably needs to be replaced. Inside the doortrims need to be replaced as they have cracked up along the windows. The car goes quite well considering. What I want to know, is, can I swap engines, gearboxes or brake components from later models into it, Interior trim, electric windows, seats, instrument clusters etc? I've reregistered and modded a couple of "e series" Falcons. I've also worked on various makes and models of cars but not Hondas funny enough, So i have no idea what a nhb dc5r, mdc1501 or a jdm cl1 is. As I said I'm new to Hondas and have a lot to learn, I apprecaite any help and comments.

Cheers
    Geoff

Morning Geoff. The eg civic shares lots of common sizing and interchangeable parts with the dc2 integra.

For motor swap, Hasport have a mount kit for just about any Honda motor into any Honda chassis.

All eg parts are interchangeable with other eg parts so you can just swap over the doors, cluster, seats and such.

There is also a huge amount of aftermarket support out there for the eg (and most Hondas). If you have any specific questions let us know.

Welcome to the forum mate.
    Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
    http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Hey Geoff! Welcome to CITR.

If you're looking at doing engine swaps, I recommend purchasing an EG Civic that's EFI so you don't have to play around with the fuel system that much.
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Welcome Geoff,

The eg would have to be the most tuner friendly chassis of all the Honda's (personally, some people will object). The sky is really the limit when it comes to what can be done in terms of performance & swap terms.

As Felix mentioned, it is best to find a chassis that has EFI already as it will save you money in the long run if you plan on doing an engine conversion in the future.

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM
        Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
        Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
        Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
        Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Hi all,
          Thanks for the quick replies, The car we are looking at, is a carby job,(I think). If it is, couldn't we fit multi carbs if we did an engine up grade, or would that be worse than getting EFI up and running? I suppose with multi carbs I wouldn't be able to run a turbo or would I?

Cartoon, you say eg parts are interchangeable with other eg parts, I presume you mean in the 5th generation as in 1992 to 1995 models inclusive, along with the second and third generations of Integra.

Cheers
          Geoff

Comment

Working...
          X