Back in the DC2R :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the DC2R :)

After a few years without a type R 2.5 years i finally picked up a type r and what a car! instant smile

It it a Milano Red 2001 with stock white rims wasnt a fan but starting to grow on me, unfortunetly the paint looks horrible with alot of fading.

Mechanically though its a jackpot with a low 120xxx ks and tight mechainics is stock and dare i say i think it goes almost as hard as my old type R which had extracters exhaust and whale penis js racing intake, or could have been the awesome 6 degree weather

drivers window regulator is gone though anyone know someone selling one?

Also with the paint what are my options? can i get away with a buff or just painting the bonnett and roof?

How much power gains can i expect with some new headers?

Good to hear you came back to a type r

Where are the photos :O

With regards to paint it depends on the severity of the damage. Some people can try to 'blend' a red to the car areas affected.

Depends on what headers but you can pull some great gains out of them. With my toda headers and cat and 5zigen exhaust I think I got close to 17kw's
    Just going for a drive ~146.4kw~

Comment

Nice one. Welcome to CITR.
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Welcome from Melb.

Milano red, my paint guy is going to go further than a polish to try bringing it back to life, he will block back the car then a good polish, if that doesn't bring it up then a full respray..
        sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

sounds good when are you planning to do this and how much is he charging? let me know the results please

Comment

17 KW? thats pretty impressive. so you reccomend this combination of toda headers and 5zigen exhaust? how many inch is the exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by panacea View Post
              17 KW? thats pretty impressive. so you reccomend this combination of toda headers and 5zigen exhaust? how many inch is the exhaust
              Nope. The toda is amazing but the 5zigen was a good for its note not for high end performance it could only push out so much. (I had the A-spec exhaust but swapped it for a skunk2 70mm system).

Pro's and cons for the systems so look into what you want the most (performance and sound combo)
              Just going for a drive ~146.4kw~

Comment

Working...
              X