X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New DC5R owner :D

Hey guys! Mario here.

I'll get straight to it.
    After parting ways with my first car (Integra vtir), i began my search for a Integra type r. After months of daily searches online, i eventually found what i had been looking for, a clean, stock..type r and i am now ready to begin MY build.
    I have always had a soft spot for dc2rs, however to my surprise i ended up buying a dc5r, and to be honest there is not one single regret with the decision, love the feel of the dc5.
    There is no better feeling then looking outside my house and seeing my dc5 parked there lol, during work the main thing on my mind is finishing, so i can go drive it

Here are some pics

image(8).jpg

image(10).jpg
    nice and clean

image(11).jpg

image(14).jpg
    love this pic

image(12).jpg
    DC5 love

Love the Honda spirit amongst other dc5r drivers and love it every time a fellow dc5r driver beeps and gives me the thumbs up or wave
    I can not wait to start my build and i look forward to sharing it for you.

Hope you enjoyed my thread!
    Take care guys!
    BBBBRRRRAAAAWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Welcome from Melbourne Mario, nice clean dc5r mate..
    sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Welcome Mario! That's not tianas blue dc5 by any chance, is it?
      Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Welcome mate!

Any planned work for the beast?
        Just going for a drive ~146.4kw~

Comment

Originally posted by ZIPPIE Type-S View Post
          Welcome from Melbourne Mario, nice clean dc5r mate..
          thanks mate

Comment

Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
            Welcome Mario! That's not tianas blue dc5 by any chance, is it?
            thanks mate, haha yeah it's hers

Comment

Welcome mate!
              Shak's S2000

Comment

Wanna swap front bumpers lol

Comment

Originally posted by Batchy View Post
                  Welcome mate!

Any planned work for the beast?
                  Sure do, I'm going to start off slowly primarily focusing on the cars appearance.
                  Within the next month or so i should hopefully install a cold air intake and a full exhaust (still deciding on exhaust brand)
                  After those two are in i should get down to business with the serious mods
                  do you have any mod recommendations that gain the best power?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMario93 View Post
                    Sure do, I'm going to start off slowly primarily focusing on the cars appearance.
                    Within the next month or so i should hopefully install a cold air intake and a full exhaust (still deciding on exhaust brand)
                    After those two are in i should get down to business with the serious mods
                    do you have any mod recommendations that gain the best power?
                    Ive gone through a few mods and reviews

Injen cold air intake! Unless it is always flooded in your area I wouldnt get it. Mugen box or gruppem I think its called got some decent reviews.

Exhaust well depends how much noise can you put up with?? Some systems are noisier then others. I have a 5zigen and it was alright. Very quiet in nonvtec and loud when vtec came on.
                    But didnt give me the power I needed so I have a 70mm mega rr from skunk2 and lets say she is not quiet ever now haha.

Look at build threads here will help you have an idea how people tuned their cars.

What ever you do dont rush it and take your time

Comment

Nice cw dc5 mate. I also had an Integra vtir as my first car and moved to a moved to a dc5r lol. Keen to see what mods you have in store for the future. Good luck with the build.

Comment

Originally posted by Batchy View Post
                        Ive gone through a few mods and reviews

Injen cold air intake! Unless it is always flooded in your area I wouldnt get it. Mugen box or gruppem I think its called got some decent reviews.

Exhaust well depends how much noise can you put up with?? Some systems are noisier then others. I have a 5zigen and it was alright. Very quiet in nonvtec and loud when vtec came on.
                        But didnt give me the power I needed so I have a 70mm mega rr from skunk2 and lets say she is not quiet ever now haha.

Look at build threads here will help you have an idea how people tuned their cars.

What ever you do dont rush it and take your time
                        Thanks for the advice mate!
                        I'll deffs look into a skunk2 exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. DC5R View Post
                          Nice cw dc5 mate. I also had an Integra vtir as my first car and moved to a moved to a dc5r lol. Keen to see what mods you have in store for the future. Good luck with the build.
                          So many good memories in my vtir haha
                          Thanks bud, all the best with your build

Comment

Welcome mate. I see youre from my area. The skunk2 is one of the loudest exhaust out there for our cars. And in our area especially there are a lot of cops. Plus you get ovee a loud exhaust very quickly.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hau View Post
                              Welcome mate. I see youre from my area. The skunk2 is one of the loudest exhaust out there for our cars. And in our area especially there are a lot of cops. Plus you get ovee a loud exhaust very quickly.
                              He is right you have to be careful!

They are loud and also I did alot of extra brackets to make the exhaust not rattle!

I drive 6th gear alot to keep the noise down as it can be overwhelming. Pros and cons for all mods just dont jump into them light hearted

Comment

Working...
                              X